Live Aquaria sold

Richyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have felt the Divers Den has really gone down hill the last year or so. On multiple occasions i ordered something only to receive an email saying it was dead. This used to be my "go to" place for fish and some corals. I hope the new owners restore the quality levels once found here.

Thunderrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so sure why people think LA is bad, I ordered a Yellow Tang and a lawnmower Blenny that are thriving in my tank. I will be ordering from them again soon for sure!

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not so sure why people think LA is bad, I ordered a Yellow Tang and a lawnmower Blenny that are thriving in my tank. I will be ordering from them again soon for sure!

My only issue is they were part of Petco and they ship UPS who I refuse to use. To many issues with packages not being delivered on time and that's before covid

CK00020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being a Wisconsin resident I'm really happy the HQ will remain in Rhinelander! I'm not sure if they allow it, but I think it would be really cool to take a tour of the facility(assuming they breed fish there). A 2.5 hour drive for picking up livestock would be pretty sweet if they have a retail desk :D
That’s what I am talking about, I would love to just be able to pick up livestock again

ErehwoN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a Noob who just got started with this hobby a few months ago, I've placed 5-6 orders and have had good experiences. I did have one DOA fish and they promptly gave me store credit.

Jim

jkcoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, this is great news. DFS and LA both seemed encumbered after the Petco acquisition - Petco ruined a great business; I'd love to see things return to how they were pre-acquisition.

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a slightly different idea about the decline of LA/DD over the past few years.... maybe some people wanted it to do poorly so that they could purchase it from Petco at a much lower price!

Now they can return it to the way it was in the past, and hopefully even better!

jdstank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting. I've heard their quality of corals hasn't been the greatest. Hopefully the new owners will look into improving that.
I’ve had the exact opposite experience lately. Several SPS that were obviously months old, not fresh cuts at all and tremendous growth. One had the entire frag plug encrusted as well. Nowhere near the typical sub 1” frags a lot of places sell with many of those being very fresh cuts. A recent BOPBN I got could easily be fragged 6-7 times and meet the standard for what most people feel is an acceptable frag.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they are in good hands, the petco near me had a terrible marine section, haven't and will not buy from them ever

ps2cho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Dr Fosters & Smith got ruined by Petco...all the equipment they used to sell is gone. Now its just garbage. Can't even buy Radions there. There's nothing but Petco trash you find in the stores.

Panky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Dr Fosters & Smith got ruined by Petco...all the equipment they used to sell is gone. Now its just garbage. Can't even buy Radions there. There's nothing but Petco trash you find in the stores.
Who doesn’t sell Radions? Petco? Live Aquaria does, and they have other high end equipment as well

dvmsn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see Kevin onboard as a shareholder. Good sign.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back