Live Aquaria sold

Lindaanne60

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if I can get credit or something for the delay? Unlikely, I know, but Amazon has spoiled me when it comes to things like this. They offer, at minimum, a $5 credit if a package is delayed.

I’m just glad I have an open schedule and will be home on Thursday when it (hopefully) arrives.
No credit. My last three fish orders one was DOA and two lasted less then an hour. You lose on the shipping cost and box fee. I will never be buying from. Them again. If your order doesn’t arrive by 1030 am Call ups and demand to have them contact the local ups office. Tell them its livestock.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As LiveAquaria® celebrates its 20th Anniversary, we want to take this opportunity to share important news to you, our loyal and valued LiveAquaria® customers:

Petco has entered into an agreement to sell LiveAquaria® to an independent company who is eager to take our brand to exciting new levels! The sale is scheduled to close in late July. The entire LiveAquaria team at our headquarters in Rhinelander, Wisconsin will continue in their same positions and roles with the new organization.

My role as LiveAquaria Director continues and increases as a stakeholder with the new ownership group. I am very excited to help lead our dedicated and passionate team to new levels. We look forward to an exciting future as we pursue new and innovative ways to ensure you, our valued customers, receive the best customer service, brand-name products, and the highest quality aquatic life you've grown accustomed to with LiveAquaria®.

Again, thank you for your loyal patronage.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director
This is great with Kevin as the Director AND Stakeholder, it will only be better. Congratulations to the DD/Live Aquaria team

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me chuckle to see all the no-more-petco stuff. What is it, I wonder, that people seem to think will change dramatically with a new owner? I’ve consistently patronized LA/DD both before and after Petco and am hard pressed to identify anything that would not have likely changed anyhow. The fish supply chain isn’t going to get magically better. The no sales tax thing sailed a long time ago. The warranty changed mostly to industry standards. Ok, maybe the box charge goes away ..... Whoopee .....

I AM pleased that LA/DD is being sold rather than closed like the rest of DFS was.

kalare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the last one year DD prices have gone up astronomically... Out of control. I used to religiously always check the new additions daily... Early this year I stopped. The prices are just way too high, double or more in some cases what they were before. Here's to hoping that stops.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Live aquaria has always strived to be the best and it is based on team work and owners involved. I am optomistic, L.A, will resume to the type of business they are /were known for.
Just placed huge frozen food order today.

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can still get disease from them so be careful. The fish are a lot better than drop shipped ones usually though since they get to 'rest'. I remember someone posted an image off Divers Den of a fish that had a parasitic isopod on it right on the photo. I had a damsel off Divers Den show up with brook on it in the bag. The fish looked like it's skin was melting off. The majority of my orders from them have been fine.
Hehe that was me! ;)

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In the last one year DD prices have gone up astronomically... Out of control. I used to religiously always check the new additions daily... Early this year I stopped. The prices are just way too high, double or more in some cases what they were before. Here's to hoping that stops.

Yes, it's mainly the fish.......some are 3x the price. This has nothing to do with the CV19 as other vendors have much better pricing.

Maybe this will change back to acceptable prices with the new ownership.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I used to check the DD section daily but unsubscribed from their emails awhile ago so I would not be tempted as prices are very high.

The upside is it made me realize there are others who QT/condition fish and will order difficult fish for me.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's mainly the fish.......some are 3x the price. This has nothing to do with the CV19 as other vendors have much better pricing. Maybe this will change back to acceptable prices with the new ownership.

The problem with this kind of 'logic' is that DD fish mostly sell …. and they reduce the price if something doesn't sell. Regular LA pricing seems mostly in line with other vendors.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The problem with this kind of 'logic' is that DD fish mostly sell …. and they reduce the price if something doesn't sell. Regular LA pricing seems mostly in line with other vendors.

Yes, they sell when they reduce the price, not till then. I track the site everyday I don't see anyone buying the fish that have tripled in price.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve literally spent thousands with them, I said thousands .... Wait; did I say thousands? Yeah thousands..
..so now whomever they are will get my continued business if they offer reasonabale fish, prices and no box charge

Zenchi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, BTW, customer service girl said Diver’s Den get animals from Exotic ?? In Cal. They go through extensive quarrentine and 4 or more weeks of acclimation! This is from the Milwaukee store. All reps are working from home ‘cause of covid I’m basically only buying from Divers Den from now on. They post new items at 5:00!

Be careful. I just made this mistake with a DD blue hippo tank and just introduced velvet into my tank. I learned my lesson.

TheStrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just going to throw this in to feed the baseless rumors that are circulating, but my order that arrived this morning came with a post card advertising biota. Nothing that I ordered came from biota, at least as advertised.

Falcar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they sell when they reduce the price, not till then. I track the site everyday I don't see anyone buying the fish that have tripled in price.

I cannot think of many that have tripled .... care to provides some examples? Doubled, yes. Some as a result of reduced flights thus higher freight cost.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back