Live Aquaria sold

MAXreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As LiveAquaria® celebrates its 20th Anniversary, we want to take this opportunity to share important news to you, our loyal and valued LiveAquaria® customers:

Petco has entered into an agreement to sell LiveAquaria® to an independent company who is eager to take our brand to exciting new levels! The sale is scheduled to close in late July. The entire LiveAquaria team at our headquarters in Rhinelander, Wisconsin will continue in their same positions and roles with the new organization.

My role as LiveAquaria Director continues and increases as a stakeholder with the new ownership group. I am very excited to help lead our dedicated and passionate team to new levels. We look forward to an exciting future as we pursue new and innovative ways to ensure you, our valued customers, receive the best customer service, brand-name products, and the highest quality aquatic life you've grown accustomed to with LiveAquaria®.

Again, thank you for your loyal patronage.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director

Thanks so much for your statement.
I am sure with you as Director and the same team in WI we will see a top notch place to buy our livestock from.
Congrats

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As LiveAquaria® celebrates its 20th Anniversary, we want to take this opportunity to share important news to you, our loyal and valued LiveAquaria® customers:

Petco has entered into an agreement to sell LiveAquaria® to an independent company who is eager to take our brand to exciting new levels! The sale is scheduled to close in late July. The entire LiveAquaria team at our headquarters in Rhinelander, Wisconsin will continue in their same positions and roles with the new organization.

My role as LiveAquaria Director continues and increases as a stakeholder with the new ownership group. I am very excited to help lead our dedicated and passionate team to new levels. We look forward to an exciting future as we pursue new and innovative ways to ensure you, our valued customers, receive the best customer service, brand-name products, and the highest quality aquatic life you've grown accustomed to with LiveAquaria®.

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director
Thank you so much Kevin from the horse’s mouth update! So excited to see where you and the crew take this!

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been tagging along quietly seeing how this plays out but I will put this out as food for thought. I find it intriguing petco snagged DFS at the time they did. Just as they were developing their own lines of dog and cat food. To close DFS down. (Shady but okay then). Turning back to LA, I think they had been grouped into the purchase due to ownership. Now that petco has no need for the r&d side of DFS it’s time to liquidate what’s left. Let’s face it, there isn’t nearly as much money in the fish trade as there is in kibble or pharma for our furry non aquatic friends. My thought is LA was kinda along for the ride through all this and lucky came out the other side! A vast chunk of my fish and coral came from LA pre petco. And I look forward to having them back as a source again!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it interesting that when I jump on LA this is the first thing you see... could it be Biota? I've also noticed the increase in ORA advertising as well... kind of fun to speculate. The anticipation is killing me... and i agree let's kick it off with a HUGE sale!
Screenshot_20200715-212426_Chrome.jpg

Alanna102499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite the way to introduce myself lol
I've been lurking for quite a while but decided to post after seeing this thread with no actual proof of the sale
Agreed!
Welcome to R2R!
D2B7DE67-6D6E-476E-AD86-CECB4431D538.gif

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director
I am excited for you all as well. Change is always full of questions, anxiety, happiness, and kind of scary lol.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director
Congrats Kevin!
Nice to see things going back to its roots. :)

Brandon Smith

AquaticArsenal.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it interesting that when I jump on LA this is the first thing you see... could it be Biota? I've also noticed the increase in ORA advertising as well... kind of fun to speculate. The anticipation is killing me... and i agree let's kick it off with a HUGE sale!
Screenshot_20200715-212426_Chrome.jpg
That is definitely interesting. If BIOTA bought them, then I expect great things from them!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director

Amazing news Kevin ! So happy for you and your team !

Regards,
Abhishek

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely,
Kevin Kohen
LiveAquaria Director

That's great news....

Kevin is ONE OF THE BEST IN THE BIZ and I look forward to seeing more great selections on the website.

Steven C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone i have been out of reefing for about 5 years now. I am officially looking to come back and start buying pieces through the rest of this year. I am extremely excited la is leaving petcos hands. Can’t wait to see what the new direction and heights you guys will reach @LiveAquaria.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gotta say this is exciting news and I dont not have a LFS with a 2.3-3 hrs drive each way I order all my live stock from La. I have not ordered much in the last year or so but setting up a new tank that will need to be stocked! I really hope @LiveAquaria get back to its roots and once again becomes the king of live stock.

on a more compassionate (not self centered note) I am really glad all the employees at La get to keep there jobs! they have alwyas been been great ppl to deal with. I might just give them a call to tell them i appreciate them and will be ordering some fishes soon.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back