Live rock question

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
609
Location
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a rock in my tank that was covered with green star p I took it out mixed up a batch of water with kalk soaked it for 30 minutes and the gsp came right off.Now it has a bad smell to it,Is it ok to put back in the tank.its only like 2 pound rock sorta like a branch
thanks
 
Had a rock in my tank that was covered with green star p I took it out mixed up a batch of water with kalk soaked it for 30 minutes and the gsp came right off.Now it has a bad smell to it,Is it ok to put back in the tank.its only like 2 pound rock sorta like a branch
thanks

I'd maybe soak / rinse it, but then it should be good to add back into the tank.
 
I would rinse it pretty good not only from the organic but possibly toxin the gsp could release. I would probably run some gac in the tank also
 
I personally would nuke the rock in bleach for a couple days. Then I would let it sit in a vinegar bath for a day after that. This would ensure that there will be nothing left to pollute the tank. You would still want too give it a good rinse before putting it back in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new