Live Rock Transfer

Nate Barber

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2018
Messages
80
Reaction score
53
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just a quick question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to. I'm thinking of moving a few smaller pieces of live rock from my 90G reef to my 20G long nano reef, but am unsure if it is safe to just move the rock all at once or if I should slowly add one piece every day or so (they are relativly small peices; roughly a little larger than a baseball) as my nano is kept at around 1.023 and my 90G is around 1.025 so I wouldn't want to shock the system by adding them all at once. These rock are completely cured; they've been in the 90G for 2-3 years. (P.S: forgive the algae on the glass, today is water change day [emoji16])
1534688625304.jpeg
1534688700696.jpeg
1534688742249.jpeg
 
It shouldn't cause you any problems at all, moving established rock from one system to another is safe. As long as it isn't full of detritus, waste, or other stuff you don't want. I've moved large amounts of established rock into systems and have never had issues.
 
It shouldn't cause you any problems at all, moving established rock from one system to another is safe. As long as it isn't full of detritus, waste, or other stuff you don't want. I've moved large amounts of established rock into systems and have never had issues.
Cool, I figured it was ok to move it all at once, but I just needed to ask first lol
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new