Live Rock!

ReefCartel

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2014
Messages
871
Reaction score
47
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i took down a tank with about 100 lbs of live rock and I have them kept them in a few buckets the same tank water. I may need to keep them in here for a couple months. What would you suggest I do to keep them in well condition for my next build? should i continue with Waterchanges in the bucket or should i bleach them down and kill off everything back to Dry rock? What are your methods of curing or acid treatments?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403558318.555064.jpg
 
I would hit up a Tractor Supply or some type of farm store and get a large Rubbermaid container (somewhere around 100 gallon) and keep it in there with a power head running. Is should keep quite well like that until you need it. Heck I might even throw a halide over it to help maintain the coraline algae.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new