live sand recommendation?

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am converting a 20G long QT tank into a permanent tank, which I intend to have set up as a pipefish tank (and who knows, maybe a seahorse if it goes well...these projects always end up more complicated than they start! ) with a whole bunch of different macroalgae. When I set up my reef tank I basically just put what the LFS had in it for substrate, but I'm curious this time around if there's anything anyone would recommend. Are there substrates that are better for rooting macroalgae, for example?

Thanks!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am converting a 20G long QT tank into a permanent tank, which I intend to have set up as a pipefish tank (and who knows, maybe a seahorse if it goes well...these projects always end up more complicated than they start! ) with a whole bunch of different macroalgae. When I set up my reef tank I basically just put what the LFS had in it for substrate, but I'm curious this time around if there's anything anyone would recommend. Are there substrates that are better for rooting macroalgae, for example?

Thanks!
Love the Caribsea sand, I love doing a variety of kinds inside the tank so that the sand is not all uniform and has different shapes and sizes to it, helps create a much more natural feel!

Best of luck with the new project!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back