Live stocking ideas! HELP MEEE

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I'm new to the saltwater world, and I would love to hear some suggestions about which fish should I put in my tank, I already have a pair of clownfish and a shy juvenile yellow watchman goby (hoping he gets a lil bit more brave as he grows, if you have any experience with that fish, tell me as well). I would like to introduce 2 more small fishes, thought about fridmani and yellow tail damsel, but I heard that the damsel could not work out with the clownfish. Help me please :D
20210720_173402.jpg

Thats my tank today, 35g, 130L, if u have any tips on coral types and placement, Im open as well!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your experiences will vary. Mine with the YWG is it’s a very shy fish. Mine is 2 years old (from previous owner) and will come out but mostly hides.
I have a yellow tail damsel in my pico tank, he’s got to be even more shy than my YWG but he’s new to the tank and I’ve had very aggressive damsels in the past.

I have no experience with the fridmani but it’s a beautiful fish. Perhaps a couple fire fish or cardinal fish?

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your experiences will vary. Mine with the YWG is it’s a very shy fish. Mine is 2 years old (from previous owner) and will come out but mostly hides.
I have a yellow tail damsel in my pico tank, he’s got to be even more shy than my YWG but he’s new to the tank and I’ve had very aggressive damsels in the past.

I have no experience with the fridmani but it’s a beautiful fish. Perhaps a couple fire fish or cardinal fish?
Yeah, I would like to have a contrast of colors, but also fishes with good personality to watch.
Firefish is excellent idea, but cardinal I dont know :/

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cardinals are rather boring if you want movement. Unless they are killing each other. I think those sound fine. Good colors. I would recommend the indigo over the fridmani as far as aggression goes. FME

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I mix a blenny with yellow watchman goby? If yes, which one? I do want fishes with movement and personalities, thats why Im not going with cardinal, indigo is a good suggestion!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
firefish goby
flame angel
banghai cardinal

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd go for a more peaceful damsel like a springeri or a rolland's. just my 2 cents.

and my ywg hides most of the time but comes out for food. but sometimes he will dart around and he has quite a personality. my firefish is shy too. kinda wish i had gotten something more active. my firefish only comes out of her cave for food. i'd get something with more movement. have you considered a dwarf angel or maybe a small wrasse?

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd go for a more peaceful damsel like a springeri or a rolland's. just my 2 cents.

and my ywg hides most of the time but comes out for food. but sometimes he will dart around and he has quite a personality. my firefish is shy too. kinda wish i had gotten something more active. my firefish only comes out of her cave for food. i'd get something with more movement. have you considered a dwarf angel or maybe a small wrasse?
That is what Im afraid of, stocking with too shy fishes. I love ywg, but I would love to see him more and Im afraid to get that feeling with another blenny or goby, like firefish, never considered an wrasse or dwarf angel, what's ur suggestion? I love the blue in the yellow tail damsel, but Im afraid to put it together with a pair of ocellaris..

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My firt idea was 2 ocellaris, ywg, fridmani and damsel. But I heard that the fridmani sometimes hides a lot too, them I would see most of the time just the damsel and ocellaris that could be chasing each other, thats sad haha :(

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back