Live stocking ideas! HELP MEEE

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip! I have a national product, probably worse than stressguard, but it helps to deal with the stress.
And yess, I will with a sharknose goby or a blue neon, the cheapest, I guess, and at the end I will see if its possible to add one more or if it looks already crowded.. because Im also looking for to add a cleaner shrimp e a britle star! Thanks
Cleaner shrimps are very cool! Brittle Stars are too! But I would use caution since that brittle star needs to use a crevice in the rock (most likely a burrow) during the day especially. So as long as your fish have space and hiding places, as well as the star then you should be good. The serpent and brittle stars are usually very peaceful and hardy! If you find a harlequin serpent star or a species that gets smallish at full size then I would recommend getting that.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner shrimps are very cool! Brittle Stars are too! But I would use caution since that brittle star needs to use a crevice in the rock (most likely a burrow) during the day especially. So as long as your fish have space and hiding places, as well as the star then you should be good. The serpent and brittle stars are usually very peaceful and hardy! If you find a harlequin serpent star or a species that gets smallish at full size then I would recommend getting that.
I should add don’t get the green brittle stars. Those eat fish.
I’ve gotten two brittle stars, one intentionally and the other as a hitchhiker. The intentional one was beautiful but out all the time. It would walk around the sand like an octopus and used its arms to grab food and move it to its mouth. Eventually my emerald crab got it (sometimes I think he is a gorilla crab that stole the shell of an emerald lol).
The hitchhiker stay in his hole and is always sticking his legs out.
Very cool guys!

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten two brittle stars, one intentionally and the other as a hitchhiker. The intentional one was beautiful but out all the time. It would walk around the sand like an octopus and used its arms to grab food and move it to its mouth. Eventually my emerald crab got it (sometimes I think he is a gorilla crab that stole the shell of an emerald lol).
Very cool guys!
Yeah definitely not the Greens. But the others are very peaceful. I had a fancy brittle star that was super peaceful, and couldn't even eat large meaty food if he tried (they just are not capable). He was great, but was about a foot across and I have a nano with more corals being added so I just decided to rehome him since he would occasionally steal food or walk on my corals.
I have always been hesitant on Emerald Crabs! LOL. Even though I think they're cool. I'm trying to find some hitchhiker serpent stars to add to my tank since they are so tiny and are an excellent CUC.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to add at the end because I heard they r more sensible and since my tank is pretty new, I was kind of afraid to add a shrimp now. But u have a point, at least before frid I will add a cleaner shrimp.
35 gallong tank :)
Oh shoot.

If your tank is only 35G I see possibly a few potential issues you should be aware of. They may be okay, but with these species you're prone to certain things happening.

2 ocellaris
1 ywg
1 firefish
1 neon blue goby
1 fridmani

1. Firefish are super jumpy, and Fidmani are super mean.

Your firefish mostly are going to hang out in the water column, and your fridmani will establish a "territory" among the rock work.

See photo of your tank I ghetto photo edited below. Your fridmani (Purple) is going to be about that big, and your firefish is gonna be that big, swimming around. If your fridmani feels encroached upon he may nip at your firefish, which are very known to jump, so I would ensure you have a screen lid. Additionally it might overstress the firefish out eventually leading to death.

2. A blenny also will try to find refuge in the rockwork. With such little amount of rockwork, the fridmany MAY find it hard to share the space.

3. Neon blue gobies are quite small, and very possibly that fridmani will try to turn him into a snack or bully him to death as well.

this isn't a gurantee'd but that small space it is a high possibility i'd say 40%.

the common denominator in all of those is the fridmani.

IMPO i'd skip him and go for a blenny, then you'd be much safer :).

1627236641176.png

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the recommendation! But noe that u said it, Im not sure anymore if my tank has enough hiding caves on the substrate due to my simplistic hardscape :(

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool guys!
Pretty cool! I would love to have one that walks around all the time, do u have picture of it?

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah definitely not the Greens. But the others are very peaceful. I had a fancy brittle star that was super peaceful, and couldn't even eat large meaty food if he tried (they just are not capable). He was great, but was about a foot across and I have a nano with more corals being added so I just decided to rehome him since he would occasionally steal food or walk on my corals.
I have always been hesitant on Emerald Crabs! LOL. Even though I think they're cool. I'm trying to find some hitchhiker serpent stars to add to my tank since they are so tiny and are an excellent CUC.
Thanks for the info, didn't know that about the green ones. I want one that doesnt grow too much and reefsafe/"fishsafe"

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh shoot.

If your tank is only 35G I see possibly a few potential issues you should be aware of. They may be okay, but with these species you're prone to certain things happening.

2 ocellaris
1 ywg
1 firefish
1 neon blue goby
1 fridmani

1. Firefish are super jumpy, and Fidmani are super mean.

Your firefish mostly are going to hang out in the water column, and your fridmani will establish a "territory" among the rock work.

See photo of your tank I ghetto photo edited below. Your fridmani (Purple) is going to be about that big, and your firefish is gonna be that big, swimming around. If your fridmani feels encroached upon he may nip at your firefish, which are very known to jump, so I would ensure you have a screen lid. Additionally it might overstress the firefish out eventually leading to death.

2. A blenny also will try to find refuge in the rockwork. With such little amount of rockwork, the fridmany MAY find it hard to share the space.

3. Neon blue gobies are quite small, and very possibly that fridmani will try to turn him into a snack or bully him to death as well.

this isn't a gurantee'd but that small space it is a high possibility i'd say 40%.

the common denominator in all of those is the fridmani.

IMPO i'd skip him and go for a blenny, then you'd be much safer :).

1627236641176.png
First of all thanks for the photo. After that frid is out of my wishlist for sure. Swapping it with a blenny, might be tailspot or bicolor :)
Really appreciate the help! Thankss

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool! I would love to have one that walks around all the time, do u have picture of it?
65EC460D-59DB-4B60-9BE3-719FA18FE1C8.jpeg

I got it as a fancy brittle star on liveaquaria. It would come out most often when the tank lights were off (day or night). The crab figured it out and decided to end it

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our bicolor blenny is our favorite fish. HIGHLY recommended. Take a look at my build thread if you want to see some videos with him in them :)

Back