*** Live with Reef2Reef Video Series? We need your ideas! ***

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I would love to see would be a complete rundown of all the ways that corals can die, with an exploration of the potential causes and fixes.

For example: Yesterday, one head of my frogspawn just melted away. Literally, as I watched. I've had acros go from healthy to stark-white skeletons overnight. I've had ricordia slowly melt away, acans shrivel up, scolys fade away and fungia fail.

Obviously we can't intervene with every death, but something that people could look at and identify some warning signs and then take appropriate steps to save their corals would be helpful.

I would expect you could get a few videos just on that subject. =)

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it would be kinda cool if we saw different videos on reefing hacks. What I mean is ways to take good equipment and make a little better or DIY stuff like a skimmer silencer.

Adam Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see some long time lapse of coral growth with the current methods of low and high elevation dosing. The before and after pictures seem to do it justice but a time lapse would be amazing. Or a test of which Led lights work the best in long term coral growth. I’m very interested in buying new led lights and just reading about the specs it’s hard to justify paying thousands without seeing what they do especially Orphek V4 which I like on paper.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to make southern style BBQ!

Taxus812

Destroyer of corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY topics covered with possible pitfalls and successes.

Items not frequently discussed like cleaning tools and tricks.

Guides for logging and recording your parameters and timeline but most importantly how to use that data. (For example stability is always thrown out but what constitutes “stable”.

Mrxia0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Discussion on how this hobby helps or destroys the Coral reef ecosystem and it’s inhabitants

Kremins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video of a start to finish large tank reef setup from stand to plumbing etc. with all the included setup of reactors and such.

Pete_the_Puma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many good ideas in this thread!

Personally I would like:

1. Video tours of popular/successful reef tanks with their goal parameters, philosophies, hacks, etc. Basically a "Tank of the month" video interview...

2. I would also love to get more information about upstream from coral/fish distributors. Where do the marine caught fish come from? Where does liveAquaria for example get their fish? Are they harvested in as much as possible an ethical and ecologically sustainable fashion? I'm sure the video crew would not mind being sent on a filming tour of the south pacific or Caribbean lol!

burningstarIV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd like to see more detailed coral acclimating procedures from dipping to moving the new coral up in the tank, all in one video.

Browner20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there have been some discussion about livestock cultivation both wild caught and captive bred/propagated. A series on the state of the state and future impacts would be interesting. I think fish, inverts, coral, and rock could all be different episodes.

Kyle Cook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see more on chemistry, specifically the relationship between PH, Alk, Ca, and Mg and how a change to one impacts the others

krak256

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see the pros and cons of low nutrient systems vs. “dirty” tanks particularly in regards to sps

Back