*** Live with Reef2Reef Video Series? We need your ideas! ***

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

...but we're wondering...

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

And, what should we call it?​

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m super excited about this new series! It’s going to be a blast! We need all of your help with ideas, input and knowledge!

Rev Talks: Where the latest reefing topic is the star of the show!

I don’t know just throwing that name idea out there...ha!

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s a great idea and I enjoy making the YouTube videos as well.

Just watched your vid on the 400 and it’s really nice. Looks great with the small number of fish IMO.

You should make series on what it’s like to have such a large system as most want to set up giant set up but we never really ever make it there.

Maybe do weekly talks from the fourm go through Member tank posts build up the YT and R2R community together.

I dunno lol [emoji23]

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant get enough of videos where they make a visit to a reefer's house for an interview and get a tour of their entire setup, with tidbits about their maintenance routine and such.

These are the best kind of videos imo.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant get enough of videos where they make a visit to a reefer's house for an interview and get a tour of their entire setup, with tidbits about their maintenance routine and such.
I agree! Detailed info tours from the pros and hobbyists.

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see an international perspective. Would love to see how aquarists from all corners scale the same mountains we do via different paths due to different methodologies and product availability. Also showcases some top international companies like Fauna Marin, Tropic Marin and Sera would be neat!

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see some coral spot light videos. Where you show a type of coral, talk about it, placement, parameters, par, care, back history, and such.

Could really be a treasure trove of info for all of the members.

I prefer the info videos over the show off ones.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Goodmorning!! Great ideas so far! Please keep those coming!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see an international perspective. Would love to see how aquarists from all corners scale the same mountains we do via different paths due to different methodologies and product availability. Also showcases some top international companies like Fauna Marin, Tropic Marin and Sera would be neat!
I would love that too @Lasse @fabutahoun

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree is going to be busy driving! I do love the idea of this! :)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

SnookNRedZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat idea. Some people are visual learners and cant comprehend pages of information. Perhaps making a little video for each subcategory, just briefly stating the kind of information that is commonly asked (FAQ's) and such perhaps? like an animated tour guide of the site; something along those lines would help a lot of folks out. Young and old alike.

Perpetual Novice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see a series or episode on how to train tricky fish to eat prepared foods. Picky tangs. Picky wrasses. Mandarins. Seahorses. Ribbon eels. Filefish. Etc. you know. Help people rescue their impulse buys. And open the doors for animals that waste away at the LFS to find a good home. Help hobbyists expand their horizons. It’s hard to find good info and advice online.

Charliek71477

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reef2Reefers!! So we've been kicking around the idea of starting a video series where we discuss different reef topics hosted by Rev himself!

We've got some really cool ideas already brewing on this. This could be anything from interviews with industry experts, topic discussions, the SKY'S THE LIMIT! ...who knows...maybe we'll even see Rev's 400g tank in there at some point (He has a build thread he sometimes visits...) or even Leroy, the R2R mascot!

2.JPG

3.JPG

What are some things you guys would like to see us talk about? Give us some topic ideas!

1.jpg

Avoidi, what should we call it?​
REEF SCIENCE

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2.JPG

3.JPG

1.jpg

Avoidi, what should we call it?​

Call it “reef 2 your Reef”
I would discuss everything from introduction to reefing (set up), dosing, lighting, etc.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Charliek71477

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care,cycle, and biology of the coral, chemical reactions of trace elements as well as primary elements and how they affect the coral. Correct par and how it effects the coral. Correct Dosing and supplemental effects. How to calculate correctly, total water volume with substrate, liverock and sump in place for correct dosing. Led light setup showing how to utilize correct light spectrum for best coral growth and health. Just some stuff here. Lol. I know I would definitely like to learn.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Care,cycle, and biology of the coral, chemical reactions of trace elements as well as primary elements and how they affect the coral. Correct par and how it effects the coral. Correct Dosing and supplemental effects. How to calculate correctly, total water volume with substrate, liverock and sump in place for correct dosing. Led light setup showing how to utilize correct light spectrum for best coral growth and health. Just some stuff here. Lol. I know I would definitely like to learn.
Great topic ideas!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back