LiveAquaria Shipping Delay

Troyer15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I ordered a bunch of stuff from LiveAquaria and received this email from them last night. Anyone have experience with this? Just wondering if they will ship in a day or 2 or will it be next week? Now I have to plan last minute to be home the day whenever the order arrives. I'm guessing i bought something that they don't have in stock.

Drs. Foster & Smith's LiveAquaria.com
Important COVID-19 Update
Be Better Prepared for Unforeseen Delays with LiveAquaria®

Due to increased order volume, LiveAquaria® orders are taking longer than usual to fulfill and deliver. Please be assured that your order is in queue and will be shipped as soon as possible. The health and welfare of our suppliers, customers, employees, and animals are our highest priority.

Your patronage and patience during these unprecedented times is sincerely appreciated. We hope you and the aquatic life under your care stay safe. Thank you for your understanding.​
Dear ADAM WHITE,
We apologize, at this time we are unable to ship your order.
New shipments arrive at our holding facility daily. Once up to 75% of your order value is available with in-stock items, the order will be fulfilled. On the day your order ships, we will send you an e-mail containing shipment tracking details.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us Here.
Customer Service​

LiveAquaria.com
2389 Air Park Road
Rhinelander, WI 54501
(Toll-Free) 800-334-3699
(Fax) 800-776-8872​

Uzidaisies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that second part implies that some of the stuff you ordered is out of stock, so once they get in enough of the items in they’ll ship them. Seems like they’re trying to ship everything without separating it all into more than two boxes. That’s what I take that to mean at least. So as far as when I’m not sure. Might depend on exactly which items they’re waiting for. Maybe someone else would have a better idea though.

Last edited:

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either >75% of your order is either out of stock or not healthy enough to ship. They'll keep your order open for two weeks and if at least 75% becomes shippable (not a real word), they will send that out and refund the difference. Otherwise, they'll cancel the order after two weeks is up.

OP
OP
Troyer15

Troyer15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Either >75% of your order is either out of stock or not healthy enough to ship. They'll keep your order open for two weeks and if at least 75% becomes shippable (not a real word), they will send that out and refund the difference. Otherwise, they'll cancel the order after two weeks is up.
Well that stinks. At the time everything was available on the site. Hopefully I am able to get what I ordered.

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one reason why I've mostly switched to Bluezoo for online ordering. Not to say I haven't had a delay or something go wrong with an order but you get to schedule the delivery day more than a day or two ahead and if there is an issue they call and explain it and let you make a choice on how to proceed with the order.

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that stinks. At the time everything was available on the site. Hopefully I am able to get what I ordered.
Having worked for an e-commerce company before I can say that it's not totally uncommon for website inventory to not match warehouse inventory, which sinks on it's own but is not unavoidable. What really stinks IMO is the "not healthy" bit -- I ordered plants online this spring and didn't get two b/c the company said they weren't healthy enough to ship, and it's like thank you for not sending me diseased stuff but that begs the Q of how you're taking care of the livestock and why you have diseased stuff in the first place...

OP
OP
Troyer15

Troyer15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one reason why I've mostly switched to Bluezoo for online ordering. Not to say I haven't had a delay or something go wrong with an order but you get to schedule the delivery day more than a day or two ahead and if there is an issue they call and explain it and let you make a choice on how to proceed with the order.
Thats what i was thinking. should of called and offered an alternative route rather than just not shipping at all.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They drop ship LA fish from wholesalers. I guess I know other websites also do this like Saltwaterfish.com. Now if multiple people order around the same time from different websites from the same wholesaler... not everyone is going to get it.

Some places like BlueZoo, TSM, NY Aquatic, etc... they have those fish on hand in their facility. So unless there is some website error... the stock list should be updated and correct and you can actually pick when to ship accurately.

OP
OP
Troyer15

Troyer15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i ended up calling them a little after a week just to see if their was an update. I spoke with someone that said everything i ordered appeared to be in stock and to give it a day or two and see if it ships and if it doesn't call back and cancel and reorder. Well they didn't ship so i called and reordered. All weekend i kept checking to make sure all the fish i ordered were in stock and its not like it was a lot of fish. I ordered a disbar anthias, royal gramma, a wide bar goby and some clean up crew. Last night i got a email saying only part of my order was shipped and what i am receiving is only part of the clean up crew. I took off work today just to be home to receive the order because i really thought i was finally going to receive everything. Just so frustrating i don't know that i will ever order online again just always seems to be an issue unfortunately.

Back