Livestock for 65 fish only

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmh41532
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally setting up my 65 after a long year, think about a flame angel, blue spotted puffer and a pair of some type of clowns. Would I use a clean up crew?
 
I would always have clean up crew, as they keep uneaten food, algae, and waste in check. Depending on amount of rock and sand in the tank, I would suggest 1 hermit crab per gallon.
 
65 hermit crabs is a bit much for a 65 gal. I almost never use hermit crabs. Instead I used various snails and maybe tiny hermit crabs, a few at the most.
 
Blue spotted puffer will make short work of most cuc. Consider a serpent or brittle star.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new