Lobster Tank conversion questions...

nateroten

View Badges
Reaction score
I work in the NC mountains at an oyster bar. I have experience in keeping marine fish and coral, but haven’t in years. My boss is willing to give me a lobster tank for free and I want to convert it to a FOWLR or possible reef tank. I figure I would need to gut part of the plumbing and install new. I plan to remove the chiller and expand for a refugium etc. I want suggestions and feedback please!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
I've seen this done before.....to a circular acrylic lobster tank. Might want to do a little google searching to see what you can find. It looked pretty neat, especially if you want it as the centerpiece of a room....360 degrees of viewing.

OP
N

nateroten

View Badges
Reaction score
I've seen this done before.....to a circular acrylic lobster tank. Might want to do a little google searching to see what you can find. It looked pretty neat, especially if you want it as the centerpiece of a room....360 degrees of viewing.
Here’s some pics. It’s roughly the size of a 90 gal. But I’m not sure the exact volume as the overflow probably takes some out of the volume

How are you accomplishing water flow in your reef tank?

• Powerhead Type Pumps

Votes: 450 66.7%
  • Closed Loop

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • Return Pump

Votes: 374 55.4%
  • Wavemaker

Votes: 253 37.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 18 2.7%

Online statistics

Members online