Local Quarantined fish for sale

bradt24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon,

Does anybody know of a local store/individual who sells quarantined fish to the standard set forth by humblefish?

I am aware there are online retailers there like Divers Den, but was curious if there is something out there more local.

Or, is there an individual interested and capable of doing this for myself and maybe others?

Soon to break ground on a new 120.

Thanks!

Humblefish

Softee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only place I know of is , limited edition corals. It's where I get all my fish from, mostly.

I know the staff pretty well there and, have seen there quarantine area. They hold all their fish for 1 week in quarantine before they will sell them. I have never had any problems with there fish or inverts. Everyone I have ever gotten from them is still alive in my tank some for a few years now.

Only 1 I did lose from them.was a sweetlips, but it was my tanks fault for the loss not their, I did not know how shy and timid that fish is at feeding time and it basically starved to death, since the other fish were more food aggressive then he was.

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only place I know of is , limited edition corals. It's where I get all my fish from, mostly.

I like LE a lot, and it’s probably my most frequented LFS, but their QT isn’t really and quarantine. They run them in copper, and keep the fish in hypo-salinity. To me, that covers up more issues, than it treats.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back