Location of refugium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am considering switching over to the triton method but is have a few questions. The first is I am fortunate enough to have a fish loacted behind my main display. I have 2 40 gallon breeders plumbed into my system. One is a frag tank the other is for a refugium. How much will it matter if the refugium is not the 1st section in the sump? 2nd question is if I decided to use an algae reactor and bacteria instead of a large refugium for nutrient export would I use triton "other methods". Thx in advance for any input

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am considering switching over to the triton method but is have a few questions. The first is I am fortunate enough to have a fish loacted behind my main display. I have 2 40 gallon breeders plumbed into my system. One is a frag tank the other is for a refugium. How much will it matter if the refugium is not the 1st section in the sump? 2nd question is if I decided to use an algae reactor and bacteria instead of a large refugium for nutrient export would I use triton "other methods". Thx in advance for any input
Yes I would recommend using Core7 Reef Supplements for Other Methods. If you want to put more emphasis on the algae refugium at ta later date then you can either dose the additional elements or change over to the Triton Method.

You can run the refugium in a different position as long as the algae has first crack at the solutions before the skimmer, so if you have the skimmer first then dose directly into the algae, just as long as it is into high flow.

OP
OP
Matthias7

Matthias7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok awesome thank you. I could easily increase the flow since its plumbed on a separate pump

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back