Lol, most under rated soft coral

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its a big enough disturbance. If I just brush up against it, it is kind of a localized response. If I really bump it, the whole colony responds, although there is a delay which is also cool.

That is different from the one I've seen locally. There used to be a guy in our club that had one that pulsed all the time, you didn't have to disturb it to get the response. Really cool coral. Haven't seen one like his since and he has been out of the hobby for years. Not sure what happened to his colony.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is different from the one I've seen locally. There used to be a guy in our club that had one that pulsed all the time, you didn't have to disturb it to get the response. Really cool coral. Haven't seen one like his since and he has been out of the hobby for years. Not sure what happened to his colony.
It's good to know that one line that exists. Sad that we don't know what happened to the colony.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H2oprocorals.com has some, but not if it's the same thing or not. Sinularia finger

PDR

<°)))>{
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any luck finding any of the pulsing sinularia? I have messaged several companies and some of them had never heard of it, let alone have any in stock. I got my original frag from LA DD over a year ago but haven't seen any recently.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread!
Yes we need more amazing softies..
Here is a cool pic I took of a star on a corky finger.
7e6d47b9d91524fe135b9654a1f7d4c5.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Maybe already asked but is there a list of readily available soft corals or reliable venders to shop? It may just be me but I'm actually struggling to get a order that can accommodate bottom, middle, and top of my aquascape.

I've always liked soft corals so have been scouring this sub forum for a list to start with. Xenia and Kenya trees are already in the tank and doing fine along with a few LPS and bubble tip anemones that I carried over has part of the tank upgrade. However, it is time for some new corals since it has been maturing for a year without anything being added.

OP
OP
norfolkgarden

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Pablo at marinefarmers.com

Nice selection of "non weed" soft corals.

Gulf Coast Ecosystems for additional gorgonians at
live-plants.com

Pacific east aquaculture for some beautiful not too expensive shrooms and other stuff.

You can email all of them through their websites and work on specific things or waiting lists.

Vivid corals and unique corals and aquaSD all have some nice stuff.

Live aquaria has some beautiful stuff but their website is a PITA.
Make sure you look specifically under ORA corals and every other heading they have.
all corals are single listed under one heading only.

That should keep it under a $1000. [emoji846]

U

User1

View Badges
Try Pablo at marinefarmers.com

Nice selection of "non weed" soft corals.

Gulf Coast Ecosystems for additional gorgonians at
live-plants.com

Pacific east aquaculture for some beautiful not too expensive shrooms and other stuff.

You can email all of them through their websites and work on specific things or waiting lists.

Vivid corals and unique corals and aquaSD all have some nice stuff.

Live aquaria has some beautiful stuff but their website is a PITA.
Make sure you look specifically under ORA corals and every other heading they have.
all corals are single listed under one heading only.

That should keep it under a $1000. [emoji846]

Lol - thanks. I have two in college so this go around has a max of $250. Thanks for posting because I've not heard of a couple of these sites.

Edit: Also agree with LA's site - it is beyond odd how they have it set up. Most everything was out and flagged email when available.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back