Long GHA?

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHA keeps on coming back in the same part of my tank. I have a yellow tang and a kole tang and I manually remove it but it isn't getting much better. I have a large clean up crew and only hair algae is surviving. Parameters are fine I just want to know what eats the long hair algae strands will a laenmower blenny or urchins work?

Sosuke

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHA keeps on coming back in the same part of my tank. I have a yellow tang and a kole tang and I manually remove it but it isn't getting much better. I have a large clean up crew and only hair algae is surviving. Parameters are fine I just want to know what eats the long hair algae strands will a laenmower blenny or urchins work?

What size is your tank?

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydrogen peroxide did nothing for my GHA at double that dose for over a month. I also think it killed my cleaner shrimp as someone on here let me know about possible issues there. Now I pluck it every week.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, you have to get lucky with something that eats the exact type of GHA you have. A tang may or may not eat it. And urchin might or might not. I find urchins have a hard time accessing certain spots. I used vibrant with some success.

Garrett0606

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a larger urchin in my tank but moved him to one of my others and got three baby urchins and they do a amazing job. I got a halloween a tuxedo and a diadema urchin. All really small and jeep my rocks sparkly.

Back