Long GHA?

Clowning_Around72

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2018
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
659
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHA keeps on coming back in the same part of my tank. I have a yellow tang and a kole tang and I manually remove it but it isn't getting much better. I have a large clean up crew and only hair algae is surviving. Parameters are fine I just want to know what eats the long hair algae strands will a laenmower blenny or urchins work?
 
GHA keeps on coming back in the same part of my tank. I have a yellow tang and a kole tang and I manually remove it but it isn't getting much better. I have a large clean up crew and only hair algae is surviving. Parameters are fine I just want to know what eats the long hair algae strands will a laenmower blenny or urchins work?

What size is your tank?
 
Lmb’s probably won’t touch it. Id get a tuxedo urchin and some emerald crabs.
 
Hydrogen Peroxide, 1ml per 10g will wipe it out in a few weeks.
 
+1 try the Hydrogen Peroxide as Phil stated above.
 
Hydrogen peroxide did nothing for my GHA at double that dose for over a month. I also think it killed my cleaner shrimp as someone on here let me know about possible issues there. Now I pluck it every week.
 
To be honest, you have to get lucky with something that eats the exact type of GHA you have. A tang may or may not eat it. And urchin might or might not. I find urchins have a hard time accessing certain spots. I used vibrant with some success.
 
I had a larger urchin in my tank but moved him to one of my others and got three baby urchins and they do a amazing job. I got a halloween a tuxedo and a diadema urchin. All really small and jeep my rocks sparkly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new