Long polyp toadstool not opening

  • Thread starter Thread starter arw826
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

arw826

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2025
Messages
4
Reaction score
11
Location
milwaukee
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone can help me as I have been frustrated with this problem for a couple of months now. I first got the coral in February and it was growing steadily. Back in July I had a Dino outbreak, I was able to get this under control by doing a 3 day black out, running a UV sterilizer in the display tank and dosing phosphates and nitrates. I have confirmed that the Dino’s are eliminated both visually and by taking water samples under a microscope.

Currently, everything in the tank looks health and is fully open except for my toadstool. I have a torch, various acans, favia, and chalice that are all open and growing.

Parameters are steady as I test several times per week and use a dosing pump for alkalinity.

My current parameters are:
SG 1.025
Alk (Hannah checker) 8.6
CA 430
Nitrate 15-20
Phosphate (Hannah checker) 0.08
Magnesium 1290

Please see before and after pictures.

IMG_0375.jpeg
IMG_0576.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new