Long tentacle anemone question

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a nice green long tentacle nem and just added it into my tank it set it in the tank to let it move around and it stuck to a rock on top of tank in good flow. What’s the odds of it staying in the rock

OP
OP
Sexytang

Sexytang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone scared to leave it alone without watching it there’s no a chance of it staying it attached right away had the wave makers on a min after putting it in

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge, LTAs tend to prefer sticking their foot into the sand and finding an anchor (or just the glass). Did you initially put it on the rocks?

Other important questions:
1. What is your lighting
2. Tank water parameters
3. Flow

SimplisticDesign

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge, LTAs tend to prefer sticking their foot into the sand and finding an anchor (or just the glass). Did you initially put it on the rocks?

Other important questions:
1. What is your lighting
2. Tank water parameters
3. Flow
+1 - Make sure the place you got it from had proper lights otherwise you’re going to bleach it to death. If it had no lights then you need to light acclimate it.

Tank parameters matter? Yes but if they are unstable the anemone takes in water and holds it in for hours and once it releases it if the water Parameters are different then you have a problem. Flow meh anemones gonna move where ever they want. I used to have a LTA and for some reason it randomly moved and went into an area with little flow. They are weird fellas. But that nem is going to 100% move so make sure your wavemakers have a guard or foam around them otherwise it’s gonna get sucked

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back