Long Tentacle Anemones HELP!

I have an sps dominate 40g breeder with a fairly big LTA. He hates the high flow that I run in that tank. He found a sweet spot though. Under the circulation pump is the lowest flow, so he sits there. I also bought a Ice Cap 1K gyre for him. My assumption is that the gyres intakes have more surface area and therefore less spot suction, like on a typical powerhead. I have no idea if thats true or not, but BRS had it on sale cheaper than they were selling used... Those guys always get you. ;)
 
When I put my LTA in my tank I created a curved area with rocks & dug out the sand to give it a hole to sit in, hasn't moved since & that was maybe a yr ago.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new