Long tenticals on a GBTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter LukeUK01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LukeUK01

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a GBTA of a fellow reefer and it's not bubbling up I tried feeding it as I read they stretch out when hungry. Any ideas?
8672cb61cef412eaff8cedbc0202961e.jpg
 
Hi , at a guess I would say it needs too acclimate too your tank , nobody really knows why they bubble up better in one tank and not in another ,your tank parameters and flow and lights are going too be different from your friends , how old is your tank .. it looks fairly new in that photo , nems tend too do a lot better in a mature tank .. so older than 1 year at least IMO ... also nems are photosynthetic so most of their food source is light .. although feeding once a week is recommended ... a little more info over your tank and setup would be helpful !! Happy reefing !
 
Hi , at a guess I would say it needs too acclimate too your tank , nobody really knows why they bubble up better in one tank and not in another ,your tank parameters and flow and lights are going too be different from your friends , how old is your tank .. it looks fairly new in that photo , nems tend too do a lot better in a mature tank .. so older than 1 year at least IMO ... also nems are photosynthetic so most of their food source is light .. although feeding once a week is recommended ... a little more info over your tank and setup would be helpful !! Happy reefing !

It was not bubbled in his tank either, my setup is 6 months old and I'm just back into the hobby after a 4 year break. I decided to add the nem now as I want it to pick it's spot before I add all my lps. It's just under T5 lights and all perams at there ideal.
 
If somebody knew the answer to the question: "what makes a BTA bubble" they would literally be billionaires.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new