Long time lurker from Nor/So California. Hello!

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curved Orange transperant R2R 10-18-22.png

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good suggestion, done! Before I made this post even. Trying to figure out what the LFS scene looks like up there.
Aquarium Depot is the best shop in the area, at least in my opinion. Jeff and Jason (brothers) are the owners, great guys.

OP
OP
Blopple

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Depot is the best shop in the area, at least in my opinion. Jeff and Jason (brothers) are the owners, great guys.
Any idea if it would be better to order the tank straight from IM, or try to find one at an LFS (could they order / already have one)? It would be pallet shipping which is 200. Not sure if there is a more economical option.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea if it would be better to order the tank straight from IM, or try to find one at an LFS (could they order / already have one)? It would be pallet shipping which is 200. Not sure if there is a more economical option.

Aquarium Depot has a pretty large selection of tanks. When you go in just go to the right over by the reptile area (After you take a look at their beautiful S1000 at the entrance :p. They can also special order you stuff as well. Just hit up Jeff or Jason.

OP
OP
Blopple

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Depot has a pretty large selection of tanks. When you go in just go to the right over by the reptile area (After you take a look at their beautiful S1000 at the entrance :p. They can also special order you stuff as well. Just hit up Jeff or Jason.
Awesome!! I'm honestly pretty excited. I've been waiting to do this for years! Really appreciate all the information!

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!! I'm honestly pretty excited. I've been waiting to do this for years! Really appreciate all the information!
No Problem.

Regarding the tank size, I have been in the hobby for about...7 years now... and I learned one thing. ALWAYS go bigger, dont waste your money.

I first bought a 15 AIO, then after a year bought a Redsea 250...then after two years I bought a Red sea 525XL... Wasted money on the AIO and 250, should of just got the 525XL from the beginning. I would put money on the fact that after a year or two you will want a bigger tank.

Regarding moving it- a lot of guys on that 916 page will help people move tanks, just ask. Luckily I'm a fleet dispatcher so I have a bunch of big ol truck drivers to help me move my 525XL haha. Most tanks up to about 50 gallons can easily be moved by two people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blopple

Blopple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Problem.

Regarding the tank size, I have been in the hobby for about...7 years now... and I learned one thing. ALWAYS go bigger, dont waste your money.

I first bought a 15 AIO, then after a year bought a Redsea 250...then after two years I bought a Red sea 525XL... Wasted money on the AIO and 250, should of just got the 525XL from the beginning. I would put money on the fact that after a year or two you will want a bigger tank.

Regarding moving it- a lot of guys on that 916 page will help people move tanks, just ask. Luckily I'm a fleet dispatcher so I have a bunch of big ol truck drivers to help me move my 525XL haha. Most tanks up to about 50 gallons can easily be moved by two people.
Yea, I'm sure if I got the 25 I'd be kicking myself in 6 months. At least with the 40 I can have more than just like a pair of clowns. It's also the largest the apartment will allow for, so that answers that. If I want a bigger tank when I buy a place of my own then I feel like the 40 would still make a solid frag or macro tank or something, so not wasted regardless!

Help moving tanks is probably a solid way to meet other reefers too!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 113 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back