Long time reefer

Welcome to R2R!!

giphy (17).gif
 
Hey just wanted to say hi. Been in the hobby 40+ years. But new to here. Glad to be here.
My current setup is a 1000g display built in the wall with a bar in front of it.. 150g sump, 100g fuge deltec skimmer. Led lighting (cannon fixtures) and an apex running it all. I have all DC pumps. I use a denitrifying reactor and dose the heck out of 2 part and calcium. The entire tank pulls about 1 amp running the entire tank with out the heaters. The heaters when all on pull about 20amp. But that does not happen much. I am not a huge water change guy, I top off 1.5-2.5 g a day depending on humidity. And the tank stay super stable. Been up and running about 10 years not a ton of corals as it is hard to get in and move stuff around mostly softies. Tangs. Clowns. Etc... I have a small (100g) reef in my family room. Running an aquaexcell skimmer, apex,DC pumps, small denitrifying reactor too. I also have an 80w UV on the big system. It is about 1250-1280g total volume.
Anyway nice to be here!
Welcome to R2R Doc. Wow your tanks sounds fantastic. Mines only a 40 gallon and you call your 100 gallon small. Lol. And a 1000 gallon - wow.
 
Welcome to R2R Doc. Wow your tanks sounds fantastic. Mines only a 40 gallon and you call your 100 gallon small. Lol. And a 1000 gallon - wow.

I guess I never looked at it like that as I have always had big tanks. But in reality my 100g is small...to me. Lol

And I have been told size does not matter...
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
nice tank,nice pics!!!..we all love pics.. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new