Longtime reader first-time poster

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a longtime reader on Reef2Reef, but never registered or posted, but after a complete tank loss last week I thought it was time to be more involved in the hobby and do what I can to help new reefers skip some of the learning curve and avoid some of the mistakes I've made along the way. We have several freshwater tanks in our house, but I decided to jump into saltwater about a year and a half ago with a Fluval Evo 13.5 and it's been great aside from the tragedy that occurred Friday. I'll do a separate post about that later. I've really enjoyed learning about reef-keeping and the it's amazing how great the community is. There are so many helpful people that have helped me skip their mistakes and make my own. Hopefully I can extend the same courtesy to more newcomers along the way.

IMG_4984.JPG IMG_5076.JPG

Welcome! Glad you joined. Frisco makes me think you may be local, and if you are in Texas there is a mini-frag swap being planned north east DFW metroplex in March by hobby club Dallas Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society (DFWMAS).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

yuccaqueen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a longtime reader on Reef2Reef, but never registered or posted, but after a complete tank loss last week I thought it was time to be more involved in the hobby and do what I can to help new reefers skip some of the learning curve and avoid some of the mistakes I've made along the way. We have several freshwater tanks in our house, but I decided to jump into saltwater about a year and a half ago with a Fluval Evo 13.5 and it's been great aside from the tragedy that occurred Friday. I'll do a separate post about that later. I've really enjoyed learning about reef-keeping and the it's amazing how great the community is. There are so many helpful people that have helped me skip their mistakes and make my own. Hopefully I can extend the same courtesy to more newcomers along the way.

IMG_4984.JPG IMG_5076.JPG

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back