Looking for a custom aquarium designer/builder in Dallas, Texas

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have experience with an in-home custom aquarium designer/installer near Dallas? Thanks in advance
Check with Frank's Tanks in Ft Worth

They are small but honest and wonderful (and creators of Frank's F-Aiptasia that is now international). They'd given me contact that doesn't deal directly with public but would keep markup minimal. Sorry can't recall what aquarium dealer they said, but feel like they were relatively local (I'm Grand Prairie... wholesaler might even be in N Arlington off 360 but can't recall name as never went there and ended up finding used tank so didn't buy new)

Also Melev's Reef in Fort Worth builds sumps and likely would have recommendations for local tanks.

Finally, DFWMAS.org is where I found my used tank. Free to join.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have experience with an in-home custom aquarium designer/installer near Dallas? Thanks in advance
Check with Frank's Tanks in Ft Worth

They are small but honest and wonderful (and creators of Frank's F-Aiptasia that is now international). They'd given me contact that doesn't deal directly with public but would keep markup minimal. Sorry can't recall what aquarium dealer they said, but feel like they were relatively local (I'm Grand Prairie... wholesaler might even be in N Arlington off 360 but can't recall name as never went there and ended up finding used tank so didn't buy new)

Also Melev's Reef in Fort Worth builds sumps and likely would have recommendations for local tanks.

Finally, DFWMAS.org is where I found my used tank. Free to join.

Installer - for moving my used 180g tank/reef setup I used Glass Aquatics. They've got specialized moving equipment (hydrophilic pump carts, etc).

Once you get the tank delivered, if you need plumbing help, I might recommend calling Oceans Avenue in S Arlington (more pricey) or Franks Tanks in Ft Worth as they do maintenance and really know their stuff. Most of the new plumbing Glass Aquatics put in for us we have since replaced, but I'd still recommend them as the tank lifting/carrying/livestock transport was key and not something Oceans Avenue or Franks would do given my tank size (think Franks Tanks said they'll move up to 70g filled tanks.)

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to hire someone who has had experience building their own custom aquarium in their own home

How big are we talking here? Can you provide more details like size, fish room, quarantine system, removing walls, flooring, electrical, etc.

I can help direct you to a couple of people but need to know the scope of the project

Big difference in budget and knowledge set depending on what you’re trying to accomplish

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back