Looking for a good electric *SAND* cleaner

FastandCurious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there reefers,
Since I bought my 70 gallon cube I've been using a manual sand cleaner which is difficult because my tank is pretty tall, a little over 5' tall. I'm looking for an electric sand cleaner and most of the ones that I found online like the Hyger and Boxtech look like they say they are for gravel and substrate and i am afraid that they wont work with my sandbed. I have the typical Caribsea Fiji pink grain sand (i believe it says the grain size is between 0.5-1.5mm). Will these cleaners work with my sandbed?? Or do you guys have any other good recommendations for a reliable electric sand cleaner that is safe for me to use on sand not gravel? I was also recently looking at this one by Ehiem. I will put the link for it below. Thanks in advance for your picks.

Check this out at Amazon EHEIM Quick Vac Pro Automatic Gravel Cleaner and Sludge Extractor- PetOverstock

Screenshot_20210119-022536_Amazon Shopping.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased that eheim gravel cleaner, and to be honest it was a complete waste of money

The suction and cleaning power was very poor. I tried it several times and it ultimately ended up in the bin

Maybe read some of the reviews and then you can make a decision. If you do buy it, test it before it gets wet, so you could potentially return it.

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to want a long tube on Fiji pink. My suggestion is to DIY on this or use a python but that means water changes.

If you DIY, get some tubing 1/2" tubing, a small pump and a taller python tube. Something similar to this but I would just buy a Python tube instead of going DIY on the tube. You can buy a long tube for less than $15

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back