Looking for a Magnesium recipe to dose.

ajremington68

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2023
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
416
Location
Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey, looking for a diy magnesium recipe that I can dose alongside AFR (that is my main supplement I am tracking dosage against alk). Mag is running 1260 and want to get it up to 1400-1500. Do you have a recipe you can link that will just adjust magnesium as I can track my dosage with the trident.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4574.png
    IMG_4574.png
    438 KB · Views: 71
If I plan to attack my problem with #3 magnesium solution, how do I get mag flake? Do you have a certain brand you like? When I search mag flake a lot of various brands pop up and want to get the correct one.

Mag Flake from the Dead Sea works is the bulk one that I have used and recommended.

You can also buy quality magnesium chloride from other sources, such as BRS.
 
Mag Flake from the Dead Sea works is the bulk one that I have used and recommended.

You can also buy quality magnesium chloride from other sources, such as BRS.
So I cannot get the mag flake from Dead Sea because I can’t get a whole bulk pallet of it like the website says you have to.
Once I look up magnesium chloride I see the brs option then this other option from ace hardware. Now the car hardware is a lot more for cheaper but is it a safe option to mix and put into my tank? Do you have any thoughts or opinions on it or should I just get the brs
 
So I cannot get the mag flake from Dead Sea because I can’t get a whole bulk pallet of it like the website says you have to.
Once I look up magnesium chloride I see the brs option then this other option from ace hardware. Now the car hardware is a lot more for cheaper but is it a safe option to mix and put into my tank? Do you have any thoughts or opinions on it or should I just get the brs

If you cannot find someone selling the Dead Sea Works material (I got mine at Home Depot years ago), then I recommend trying to find a good purity.

While many brands may be OK, getting one that is food or pharma or ACS grade will help ensure its purity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new