Looking for a specific bulkhead fitting

Paul Hewlett

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

does anyone knows where to find a bulkhead fitting with following measurements?

Top hole is 1 and 1/4 inch and bottom is 1inch wide barbed.

https://ibb.co/Pv3QJKVZ
 
Hey guys,

does anyone knows where to find a bulkhead fitting with following measurements?

Top hole is 1 and 1/4 inch and bottom is 1inch wide barbed.

https://ibb.co/Pv3QJKVZ
This looks a lot like a Lifegard aquatics brand bulkhead fitting!

Though, it may be metric… the top hole would be around 1.325” if it was for 1” PVC pipe!
 
This looks a lot like a Lifegard aquatics brand bulkhead fitting!

Though, it may be metric… the top hole would be around 1.325” if it was for 1” PVC pipe!

I wasn't able to find the correct size on Lifegard Aquatics (I wasn't sure what would the upper hole size be when their description says 1inch)
I ended up buying one similar of Amazon

And it worked well no leak. Except the return is leaking now which I believe is 3/4 inch. Hopefully it's not cracked and I can just take it apart, clean and return.
 
I wasn't able to find the correct size on Lifegard Aquatics (I wasn't sure what would the upper hole size be when their description says 1inch)
I ended up buying one similar of Amazon

And it worked well no leak. Except the return is leaking now which I believe is 3/4 inch. Hopefully it's not cracked and I can just take it apart, clean and return.
Usually, you can just buy replacement bulkhead gaskets! (The actual rubber sealing ring)

To clarify, rigid plastic pipe used for potable water is measure by Inside Diameter (ID), so a 1” PVC pipe is typically 1.315inch on the OD! Then, the fitting that pipe slips into is tapered from >1.315-<1.315…
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new