Looking for a uv sterilizer

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pentair aquatics SMART UV's are great. Pricey but great. You could get away with the 25W, but if you have a sump you'll be right at the max recommended volume. Always better to go bigger with a UV if you can. The 40W would do well for you

bdmach1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new Lifeguard Aquatics Pro-Max 25 watt UV Sterilizer I'm not using if you're interested.

OP
OP
Chris33027

Chris33027

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I want with the coral life 18w UV sterilizer what is the best tubing to use for it

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using a 90w lifegaurd for almost a year with zero problems. Got rid of dinos.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I want with the coral life 18w UV sterilizer what is the best tubing to use for it
I'm not familiar with that particular UV, but if it comes with hose barbs attached most pressure-appropriate tubing should be fine. Over long term use, if there's light "leak" from the UV unit into the tubing that you can see (ie the tubing is being lit up), there's some danger that the tubing could degrade. Some plumb their UVs with PVC for several inches on the inlet and outlet to avoid this. If that's not practical for you and you do see light leak, then just be vigilant about the tubing. Check it every week to see if it's getting brittle or discolored and replace as necessary. Good luck!

nicholas2010e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my tank was new (still is) I had a dino outbreak. My tank cycled for like 2 months and then after about a week after putting stuff in it and new lights I had a dino outbreak. I got the Green Killing Machine 9 watt (because it's cheap) and it completely cleared it up in like 2-3 days. I read many things of people saying it wouldn't be strong enough, but I figured what the worst that would happen? If it doesn't work in like a week or two I can just return it. Needless to say IT WORKED.

This is where I got mine:

They also offer a bigger version but it was too big for my tank:

(Posting on multiple threads for people)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back