Looking for active groups in North Carolina

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just had our first meeting this past Saturday, and it was a great turnout and also a great frag swap. We are expecting for the group to grow since we have been trying to be more active on this forum and several folks have joined #RASOC.

Nothing has been jotted down for this year yet, but we are wanting to have several frag swaps, and guest speakers to come in on several meetings. Next months meeting we are going to have a garage sale so that all can bring there old reef wares and swap/sell them off.

We will also try and schedule some meetings on Sunday since several of our members work on Saturday.

As far as other groups, I think Raleigh has a group, but I am not sure if that's closer to you or not.

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just had our first meeting this past Saturday, and it was a great turnout and also a great frag swap. We are expecting for the group to grow since we have been trying to be more active on this forum and several folks have joined #RASOC.

Nothing has been jotted down for this year yet, but we are wanting to have several frag swaps, and guest speakers to come in on several meetings. Next months meeting we are going to have a garage sale so that all can bring there old reef wares and swap/sell them off.

We will also try and schedule some meetings on Sunday since several of our members work on Saturday.

As far as other groups, I think Raleigh has a group, but I am not sure if that's closer to you or not.
This is great information! Thank you very much - this is much more than I was expecting!

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Rocky Mount area nearly halfway between Raleigh and Greenville. The Raleigh area group(s) have a couple of swaps a year.

Reefsmart 2020 is being held at Greensboro Coliseum Complex in May https://g.co/kgs/n3WdqJ

blackbeltmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our next RASOC meeting will be Saturday, February 15 from 2pm to 4pm in the downstairs Media Room at the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte(1613 East Morehead Street). We will be having an Yard Sale. The Yard Sale was started as a way for members to sale used equipment. Hope that you come and check us out.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another from the Winston area. Is the group in CLT the closest? An hour drive isn't awful, but not exactly ideal. Regardless, some group is better than no group.
I just joined, definitely a great decision! I live close, but even if I didn’t it would be worth the drive.

blackbeltmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Winston Salem here as well!
As mentioned above, there is one in Raleigh but I am not sure that is any closer. Hope you decide to check us out this month on the 15th is our Yard Sale, March 21st we are still planning, April 18th we are hoping that one of our newest sponsor iDip will be speaking, May will most likely be a Sunday meeting on the 10th and we will have speaker and the subject will Bergia Nudhibrachs. Hope you can join us for one and check us out.

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back