Looking for advise on bulkheads

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbdisok
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dbdisok

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Messages
38
Reaction score
15
Location
Moorpark, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aquarium stand framed in 80/20 material. My new aquarium is pre drilled so I placed the aquarium on the stand an used the holes in the overflow to mark where hole will be need to the bulkheads. I now have a problem which i can use so help with. It appears that when I drill the the holes to allow the bulkhead to pass through I will strike the 80/20 frame.

Are there bulkheads that I can use to avoid the 80/20 Frame?

IMG_0800.jpeg
 
I have an aquarium stand framed in 80/20 material. My new aquarium is pre drilled so I placed the aquarium on the stand an used the holes in the overflow to mark where hole will be need to the bulkheads. I now have a problem which i can use so help with. It appears that when I drill the the holes to allow the bulkhead to pass through I will strike the 80/20 frame.

Are there bulkheads that I can use to avoid the 80/20 Frame?

IMG_0800.jpeg
I think a better photo would help! — all I see here is bulkhead holes traced out on a white sheet of material…

Are you saying that the bulkhead holes through the bottom of the tank are within less than an inch of the aluminum frame, directly above it?

If so, the frame will require modification, given that the bulkheads (even when installed backwards, with flange on outside of tank) will need a fitting connected to them to be of any use!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new