Looking for an individual experienced in custom aquarium building near Dallas, Texas

iBleedSaltwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am a project manager for Bella Builders. We are a small general contractor that operates primarily in the Southlake, Keller, and Colleyville area of DFW. I am also on the board for the DFW Aquarium Association, a non-profit dedicated to educating others on proper marine and freshwater husbandry.
Bella Builders is looking to partner with an individual that has some experience building custom tanks of 100 gallons+. Knowledge of tank fabrication/modification, plumbing, and bracing is required. As these builds will be permanent home installations- knowledge of fish rooms, electrical, cabinetry, trim, and millwork experience is a plus, but not required. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am a project manager for Bella Builders. We are a small general contractor that operates primarily in the Southlake, Keller, and Colleyville area of DFW. I am also on the board for the DFW Aquarium Association, a non-profit dedicated to educating others on proper marine and freshwater husbandry.
Bella Builders is looking to partner with an individual that has some experience building custom tanks of 100 gallons+. Knowledge of tank fabrication/modification, plumbing, and bracing is required. As these builds will be permanent home installations- knowledge of fish rooms, electrical, cabinetry, trim, and millwork experience is a plus, but not required. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Did you check with Drex and Mark of DFWMAS.org? maybe also Michael V

There was a recent similar post: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/l...-builder-in-dallas-texas.851419/#post-9261577

OP
OP
iBleedSaltwater

iBleedSaltwater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that was also my post. I will have it removed. Is DFWMAS still active? I've been having a hard time finding contacts, but I'm not currently a member
I can private message you Mark and Drex contact info... though most of my Drex info was in my FaceBook page and I recently got hacked despite strong password... I'll see if I can find Drex info maybe in email

Like much of the world, COVID shifted DFWMAS priorities as well - and Feb IceStorm was B.R.U.T.A.L - I feel I was one of only handful spared any tank damage.

DFWMAS was doing monthly online zoom guest speakers all during COVID thru past June (summer break), but with online passwords best I was getting was audio but they were kind enough to share a recording for one of them. Thru them I heard Oct 30-31 Aquashella coming to Dallas.

DFWMAS FaceBook page has been much more active than website (except for buying/selling - that seems to be where website is more active but the IceStorm also wiped out a lot of people and there has been a lot of rebuilding and transitioning), but I know they want to change that focus from FaceBook back to website.

Leave that other post out there... someone may come along and provide more info

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 114 74.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back