Looking for anemone id help

bennyblanco

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
9
Location
concord 94519
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. Long time lurker first time poster. I have had some trouble figuring out the true name of some anemones I have aquaculture over the last 10 years. The original anemone came from Hawaii 10+ years ago by a friend who used to dive and catch before the ban and laws stopped this practice. Hoping someone knows the true name as they are different from any bubble tip or long tentacle.
Thank you so much for any help you may have.

A28FEC54-B176-4B66-A322-D736B26BDAA1.jpeg 5409FA72-3C71-4B6E-B111-51811374D170.jpeg 07051CB0-81ED-4041-B5F5-CEF5FA5EC244.jpeg 781110CF-61AB-47CE-BBA9-4400707AC68D.jpeg 3AD04BED-8BBD-47CA-A988-FD181F905495.jpeg F6D23EAE-CD8F-4917-B5DB-3B76A7E0A4D0.jpeg ABC25AC3-CBCF-472F-8098-DFB0D370DDBF.jpeg
 
it doesnt look like a normal sebae to me, i think it might be something else. Maybe @OrionN will know. All sebae I have seen have way more tentacles towards the center and i dont know if they split.
 
It is one of the non-clownfish hosting anemone species. There are a lot of them. I do not know the exact species, but I am sure if you looks at Hawaii anemones species, you will find the species. I am only interested in clownfish and host anemones, so I have not look into these non host anemones.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new