Looking for Aquascape feedback

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a change with my aquascape, getting tired of my current set up that has been running. This is what I started with, and found that Acropora placement was sparse. So I added in a couple branches.
499C2E5E-1721-44E4-AEC4-ECEA04DF2DA2.jpeg

At one point I've even started to remove Acros I've no longer liked the colors of to allow others to be put into their spots.
This is what it currently looks like almost
4yrs later.
79982699-6AD7-40A2-B4FC-32BF111BB847.jpeg

I continue to run out of space. Thinking this may be my last re Aquascape before upgrading to my bigger tank.

I made a cardboard template of my tank back to know where my overflow is in addition to the height and the outside dimensions. Then began moving around, 40lbs of Marco Reef Saver shelf rock and over 16 various pieces of small and medium Marco foundation pieces. A couple hours later I come up with this.
I hope the video shows up for everyone.

Thoughts?

CDavmd

AstroReefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a change with my aquascape, getting tired of my current set up that has been running. This is what I started with, and found that Acropora placement was sparse. So I added in a couple branches.

At one point I've even started to remove Acros I've no longer liked the colors of to allow others to be put into their spots.
4yrs later.

I continue to run out of space. Thinking this may be my last re Aquascape before upgrading to my bigger tank.

I made a cardboard template of my tank back to know where my overflow is in addition to the height and the outside dimensions. Then began moving around, 40lbs of Marco Reef Saver shelf rock and over 16 various pieces of small and medium Marco foundation pieces. A couple hours later I come up with this.

Thoughts?

Looks good! Not sure if the small rocks on the far right are included or outside the confines of the aquarium....if they are included- I'd personally find another spot for them or get rid of them. I don't think they add to the scape.

OP
OP
bhuyett

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Not sure if the small rocks on the far right are included or outside the confines of the aquarium....if they are included- I'd personally find another spot for them or get rid of them. I don't think they add to the scape.

Great point, actually the tower if you want to call it that is the last piece of the Aquascape. It looks like I left a smaller sized foundation piece in the way when doing the video in the back right corner. Then I had about 4-5 left over pieces sitting on a small cardboard box as not to scratch the bar countertop.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

4yrs later.

Thoughts?

This is an amazing reef! How's it looking today?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice creativity. Remember each tank is a piece of the ocean based on one's creation

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back