Thanks everyone for posting in here and getting my brain thinking. I've been slammed at work these last few weeks but figured I'd give you guys an update this weekend.
Im going to start addressing one thing at a time. I don't want to play too much as the corals are pretty happy at this time. I finally have detectable levels of phos which is nice to see and I hope that gives some corals a little extra nutrients.
I did change my lighting a little bit. I pulled more whites out and adjusted the intensity slightly.
As for my pH, I've been debating doing the kalk at night but with work I haven't been able to calculate my evap and figure out how much to dose. My house has a hrv unit and the wife keeps a few large plants indoors so I'm hoping the pH is fairly good. For keeping it consistent I am kind of screwed as I don't have a large enough back compartment for a fuge or skimmer.
To address the aluminum, I think it's my marine pure balls. I've read they leach it out and brings me to another problem as I like having all that back there for beneficial bacteria. I'm debating on ordering the
brightwell aquatics blocks and hopefully can rid of that with some water changes.
I've also considered pulling the MP balls in th back and adding a refugium but that would probably mean me needing to get another fish to poop more so I'm keeping the nutrients in the water that it would pull out. I've always wanted a Mandarin so this could be my chance with a fuge in the back for the pods to really take off.
Tomorrow I'll be heading to my lfs to pick up some more acropower, phosphate reagents, and possibly pick up some more zoa's.
Here are some photos I took this weekend of the tank.