Looking for flow suggestions

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all...I’m looking for some suggestions to manage the flow in my 90 gallon “cube” tank. Right now I have a max spect gyre and an octo pulse two power head going. My corals are mixed, with a few SPS I’m trying to cultivate along with a torch and a hammer that are doing really well. I know that SPS need pretty high flow..which I’m trying to provide, but when I get the flow up there for them..the torch and hammer are being blasted..too much. The torch, hammer, Duncan’s and alveopora seem to love it when the flow is low (only gyre running) but I feel the SPS may be missing out. How can I have it both ways lol?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 40 cube, I have a gyre near the top of the tank on the left, aimed to the right. On the right side I have a Jebao aimed toward the gyre. Gives high flow in the top half and medium down below.

Gho5t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an 80G cube and have two gyre XF330s for flow. My tank is in the corner with the overflow box on a 45 in the back corner. I have the gyres on the back left and back right walls about 3” below the surface. I’m running them in random mode that varies over time. It’s works pretty good but I’ve realized it’s almost made a dead spot in the center of the tank with the flow circulating around the rock with the strongest flow at the surface, walls, and floor. The flow 2“ below the gyres is almost non-existent so I’ve been thinking of adding some type of power head to stir the flow across the rock face.

I used to run two power heads facing each other on opposite corners and it was too focused even with wide flow blasting the corals direct. The gyres seem to be a better solution just short of the dead spots.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 100g 48x19x24
I use 1 octopulse4 back wall pointed in the corner. My sps are all down on that side of the tank where the pump is. Lps and softys are scattered on the other end. Hths
D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back