Looking for help I’m in Fontana

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some help on my 30 tall tank it’s up and running well I just added corals and I’m worried if my light is strong enough. Any one able to loan me a par meter or just come over one day and give me hand or feed back on the whole set up

Reeferguy365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of light is it? A lot of lights are already tested and you can get a good idea of what the par is at different spots of your tank.

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of light is it? A lot of lights are already tested and you can get a good idea of what the par is at different spots of your tank.

I’ve got an orbit ic led and I found one picture that gives some info I’m just trying to check everything
IMG_2105.JPG

I just got in six new coral and call me paranoid but there my first LPS’s and I just wanna be careful

Reeferguy365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine with LPS but I wouldn't get any SPS that light will not do. The light looks nice but it's really not that strong if you want to go to anything like SPS you would need to put at least two T5 along with it. My first tank was a BioCube and I used the shorter version of that light and it grew LPS just fine

OP
OP
Porkchop95

Porkchop95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine with LPS but I wouldn't get any SPS that light will not do. The light looks nice but it's really not that strong if you want to go to anything like SPS you would need to put at least two T5 along with it. My first tank was a BioCube and I used the shorter version of that light and it grew LPS just fine

Now how low did you keep your lps in that tank guys I’ve got a tall tank but the lfs guy was fixed that I keep them on the sand
7bb4b5f81409e9a7a582d0ade91e0d6e.jpg

Reeferguy365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the looks of your rock work I probably would be putting it on the sand doesn't look like much light is hitting on the sand

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back