OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd advocate what I can't think said. Derasa or squamous (derasa is probably slightly easier but grows faster). I really wouldn't recommend a Crocea or maxima as a first clam
Looking up squamosa, I'm really liking the colors and patterns better than the derasa, so I think that's what I'll try.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking up squamosa, I'm really liking the colors and patterns better than the derasa, so I think that's what I'll try.
The Squamosa is the nicer one IMHO, clams are known for the life they hold under the scutes, Deresa don’t really give that unfortunately as their scutes can be delicate and easily broken (That is if your specimen ever grows them).
Squamosa gives you that joy and also stays smaller yes it’s Still over 1’ but still, they likely won’t get to 2’.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Squamosa is the nicer one IMHO, clams are known for the life they hold under the scutes, Deresa don’t really give that unfortunately as their scutes can be delicate and easily broken (That is if your specimen ever grows them).
Squamosa gives you that joy and also stays smaller yes it’s Still over 1’ but still, they likely won’t get to 2’.
Okay n_n

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo I found this little cutie while surfing a fish shop's site: https://www.jlaquatics.com/marine-fish/curious-wormfish-goby-asia-pacific.html
Think I could possibly fit him? I realize I need to dig up a lot more learning before deciding, but maybe you all know more about it?
Their live aquaria post has them listed as difficult to care for. My guess would be that's finicky eating related. They are also sand sleepers so have a softer sand type. Sand sleeper and fish of that body type are also often regularly jumpers so have a lid. Idk how well they do in captivity in the long term

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is what I remember it to be, these guys are predators and tend to pray on fishes slime coats
They look a lot like bluestripe fang blennies which are the ones you're talking about I think right? Are they the same thing? If so they really shouldn't be in a tank with other fish

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look a lot like bluestripe fang blennies which are the ones you're talking about I think right? Are they the same thing? If so they really shouldn't be in a tank with other fish
That’s the species I was thinking of, they are two separate species but I mixed them up.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, neither this site not LiveAquaria says anything about that or them bothering other fish. I'm gonna have to do some digging.
The fish they were thinking of is a different fish that looks very similar. This one shouldn't do that, but it is still listed as difficult

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously, can this laptop quit loading only half a thread?! Sorry, only now saw the whole discussion.
Yeah, they're tricky...from what I'm reading it's because of a shyish nature....still looking, though.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know what, I'm being kind of silly. I need to go with my gut and stick to what I've already got here, and MAYBE consider more after I have them.
The just one more itch is tough. It'll take you months just to get your listed fish into the tank though so reasonable

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The just one more itch is tough. It'll take you months just to get your listed fish into the tank though so reasonable
Unfortunately, it's going to take me months to get to the stocking at all.
My tank has a chip out of it...I don't trust it.
Unfortunately NUVO isn't selling tanks separately of the stand any more. so I can't just replace it (new, anyway.)
I'm keeping an eye out for a deal on a good-condition 75 EXT like I have, but I may buy a different set. Kind of got my eye on a 100 EXT by NUVO, but if I buy that brand new it's going to take me six months just to save up for the tank, and I still have to buy equipment T_T not having the greatest day, as you might imagine.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 167 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 26.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 70 26.0%
Back