0   0   0
Angels are well known for nipping at sps. I'd rather not take the chance

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My potters is most peaceful I've had he loves film algae lol keeps everything clean

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White-tailed Bristletooth tang, it all depends on how your aquascape is though bc they like a lot of space to swim.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White-tailed Bristletooth tang, it all depends on how your aquascape is though bc they like a lot of space to swim.
There was a really nice square tail on divers den last week that I almost picked up

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Potter's Angelfish, or Potter's Pygmy Angelfish, is endemic to the Hawaiian Islands area, including the Johnston Atoll. The body is a brilliant orange, marbleized with pale to dark blue. The caudal portions of the dorsal and anal fins as well as the caudal fin are a dark blue-black.

The Potter's Angelfish requires at least a 70 gallon, well-established tank with multiple hiding places and live rock for grazing on microalgae. It may attack soft corals and other sessile invertebrates in the reef aquarium.

It is hermaphroditic, difficult to breed, and there are no distinguishing characteristics to help differentiate males from females.

The Potter's Angelfish should be offered a variety of foods includingSpirulina, marine algae, high-quality angelfish preparations, mysis or frozen shrimp, and other meaty items.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah they aren't mentioning anything about caution with sps. Why are they considered difficult to keep?

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say expert only but that's bull I haven't found it any different I think they just try not to offer warranty if they don't have to but it may be because it is caught in deep water but mine is under mhs and no problem at all.

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from blue zoo and totally healthy and hardy. Put it straight in the dt. No problems

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a really nice square tail on divers den last week that I almost picked up
I saw that too, it was like 2" long. I can't wait until April when I'll have a new tank, so I can spend my hard earned money on fish and coral. I miss being poor lol.

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say expert only but that's bull I haven't found it any different I think they just try not to offer warranty if they don't have to but it may be because it is caught in deep water but mine is under mhs and no problem at all.
Potter's can be very picky eaters and slow to eat prepared foods, plus its better to feed them multiple times a day. I've noticed on LA that anything that requires multiple feedings a day they mark as difficult.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that too, it was like 2" long. I can't wait until April when I'll have a new tank, so I can spend my hard earned money on fish and coral. I miss being poor lol.
Yeah it was a little one. I would have picked it up if it wasn't $30 too much.

You can go ahead and stock my tank of you desire to be poor. I can give you a list!

human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it was a little one. I would have picked it up if it wasn't $30 too much.

You can go ahead and stock my tank of you desire to be poor. I can give you a list!
That's ok, I've been making a wishlist of things I want, I'll be poor in no time lol. I look at corals as an investment, though I rarely frag unless I have to limit their growth.

jetmaker

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potter's can be very picky eaters and slow to eat prepared foods, plus its better to feed them multiple times a day. I've noticed on LA that anything that requires multiple feedings a day they mark as difficult.
Mine eats mysis frozen and thawd lol like crazy anything that comes from blue zoo is guaranteed eating and it is hearty eater

OP
OP
J

jeffwernock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored an awesome deal on a purple tang, it will be here next week, by the time it needs a bigger tank, we will have already upgraded.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 127 75.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back