Looking for pics of RMF Flavor Parade or TCK Dragonfire

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been searching for non-vendor pics of the two corals listed in the title, but not recently cut frags. If you happen to have a colony or growing frag of either of the above, would you please share a pic? I'd also would welcome hearing about your placement, flow, or PAR, as well as your impressions on the pieces.

Thanks a bunch!

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been searching for non-vendor pics of the two corals listed in the title, but not recently cut frags. If you happen to have a colony or growing frag of either of the above, would you please share a pic? I'd also would welcome hearing about your placement, flow, or PAR, as well as your impressions on the pieces.

Thanks a bunch!

I got RMF Flavor Parade. It’s growing on a tile. I haven’t got the colors I want out of it and pretty slow growth. I’ve had it for about a year. The growth doesn’t show that :(. I’ll shoot a quick cellphone pic later on.

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got RMF Flavor Parade. It’s growing on a tile. I haven’t got the colors I want out of it and pretty slow growth. I’ve had it for about a year. The growth doesn’t show that :(. I’ll shoot a quick cellphone pic later on.

I’m starting to pull some colors out of it. Hopefully it continues to progress.

Quick cellphone pic of my RMF Flavor Parade.
27eefef36b2be7941a577a6fea3be446.jpg

Like I said it was a real slow grower for me for awhile now.

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting to pull some colors out of it. Hopefully it continues to progress.

Quick cellphone pic of my RMF Flavor Parade.
27eefef36b2be7941a577a6fea3be446.jpg

Like I said it was a real slow grower for me for awhile now.

Thanks - I appreciate your time. I have both of these sitting on small frag plugs and while they have begun to encrust and grow I can't really tell yet what they'll do in my tank. I have two places reserved in my rock work for "special" acros that I want to highlight. Trying to determine if these are candidates.

Interestingly mine has none of the colors yours is currently showing. Mine is a pale pinkish green with yellow tips.

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting. I got mine from R2R user: aquavista99. Where did you pick up yours?

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I got mine from R2R user: aquavista99. Where did you pick up yours?

I received mine from local reefer and R2R member Furan28. He's trusted and reputable - I don't have the slightest doubt it is what he said it was.

I tried to get a picture of the frag, and i just can't seem to replicate what I see in person on my phone. Below is a RMF Flavor Parade sold by RIP Corals. Mine looks much more like the new growth does on the picture below:

OFBReK2l.jpg

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just post the pic you got I’m curious to see what you have for a frag.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your frag tank and your corals do not get near enough exposure on here, Jim, and that's a shame because you have some of the nicest livestock of anyone. That colony is beautiful.

I found a pic from @furam28 of another Flavor Parade frag he had offered for sale that I'm sure came off the same colony mine did. I see hints of the pink in mine. I guess this is just a coral that develops its colors with time.

0fe0f37e7890a0cbabf79b14e2a2f515.jpg

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your frag tank and your corals do not get near enough exposure on here, Jim, and that's a shame because you have some of the nicest livestock of anyone. That colony is beautiful.

I found a pic from @furam28 of another Flavor Parade frag he had offered for sale that I'm sure came off the same colony mine did. I see hints of the pink in mine. I guess this is just a coral that develops its colors with time.

Thanks Scott, I appreciate the complement! I really don't spend much time trying to sell myself, not enough hours in a day :)

Muraf (@furam28) also had the TCK dragonfire before he shut down his tank and it was gorgeous! You could probably ask him for a colony picture. I keep the flaver parade in about 350 PAR. WHen it gets happy it is a fast grower and very colorful. One of my favorites!

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Scott, I appreciate the complement! I really don't spend much time trying to sell myself, not enough hours in a day :)

Muraf (@furam28) also had the TCK dragonfire before he shut down his tank and it was gorgeous! You could probably ask him for a colony picture. I keep the flaver parade in about 350 PAR. WHen it gets happy it is a fast grower and very colorful. One of my favorites!

I received the Dragonfire frag from Maruf as well; I just didn't remember what the colony looked like and there are only a few pics online. My original reason was to see if these were worthy of my last remaining center space in the tank. Based on your pic the Flavor Parade is for sure. I appreciate the info.

OP
OP
Sierra_Bravo

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you were saving that spot for a nice frag of orange passion?

There's a story on that. . . :rolleyes:

I was very happy to get that piece from you as it was what I really wanted in the center. It sat in my frag rack, waiting for its moment, and started to encrust. On one of my business trips out, my daughter took the magnet off the back of the rack accidentally, causing everything to fall behind the rock work. She could not find the OP, and it was another week before I got home. I found it upside-down behind the rocks. It wasn't dead and I have it still - it just is not really growing at all and has remained pale. I'm hoping it finally does recover and I know where I'll put it when/if it does.

Since you brought it up, should you ever clip another I'd be a buyer. ;)

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a story on that. . . :rolleyes:

I was very happy to get that piece from you as it was what I really wanted in the center. It sat in my frag rack, waiting for its moment, and started to encrust. On one of my business trips out, my daughter took the magnet off the back of the rack accidentally, causing everything to fall behind the rock work. She could not find the OP, and it was another week before I got home. I found it upside-down behind the rocks. It wasn't dead and I have it still - it just is not really growing at all and has remained pale. I'm hoping it finally does recover and I know where I'll put it when/if it does.

Since you brought it up, should you ever clip another I'd be a buyer. ;)

Oh too bad! I will have one ready soon actually. I'll PM you when it's ready

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What par is everyone keeping theirs at? I saw one at 350. Mine is around 400 and is mostly green. Won it in a live sale from FHC and it came in really nice and colored. Is the green now from too much par?

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What par is everyone keeping theirs at? I saw one at 350. Mine is around 400 and is mostly green. Won it in a live sale from FHC and it came in really nice and colored. Is the green now from too much par?
I doubt the green is from too much par. How long has it been in your tank? When I buy corals from fraghouse they come in looking great but take a long time to adjust to my lights. I run radions and fhc runs t5 if I am not mistaken.

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt the green is from too much par. How long has it been in your tank? When I buy corals from fraghouse they come in looking great but take a long time to adjust to my lights. I run radions and fhc runs t5 if I am not mistaken.
It’s been in there since about October. I’m running t5 w/reefbrites. It kind of dulled out so this green color is an improvement actually.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back