Looking for postcards

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I just realized that I never posted an update after I mentioned that William was in the hospital. The good news is that he was only hospitalized for a few days and he was able to get home in time for his birthday:)

Thanks again for all the postcards. They are still continuing to arrive.

Very cool!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U still looking for post cards?

While I am not the OP, I can comfortably say they are always looking for more post cards. His son, William, loves getting them.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 9 year old autistic son wrote the post cards so they may be a bit hard to read. He writes really big. All the best and hope all is going well.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP!

OP
OP
B

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted an update here and I figured it was about time:). William is continuing to make improvements in his hand and arms movements. He’s able to do more now than he’s been able to since everything happened 10 months ago. He’s started going to school as well as continuing physical therapy every day, which makes him very busy. But he’s strong and motivated and is still getting good grades despite everything

Unfortunately we haven’t seen any movement in his legs and feet yet, but we continue to hope that with time we will start seeing progress there.

We have decided that it’s time to purchase a wheelchair van for William. Up until now we have been relying on a van service for William to get around because he can’t easily be transferred out of his chair (and even if he could the chair weighs nearly 400 pounds, so it can’t just go into the trunk of a car). The service has been working, but it’s very unreliable and difficult to work with.

t blackwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted an update here and I figured it was about time:). William is continuing to make improvements in his hand and arms movements. He’s able to do more now than he’s been able to since everything happened 10 months ago. He’s started going to school as well as continuing physical therapy every day, which makes him very busy. But he’s strong and motivated and is still getting good grades despite everything

Unfortunately we haven’t seen any movement in his legs and feet yet, but we continue to hope that with time we will start seeing progress there.

We have decided that it’s time to purchase a wheelchair van for William. Up until now we have been relying on a van service for William to get around because he can’t easily be transferred out of his chair (and even if he could the chair weighs nearly 400 pounds, so it can’t just go into the trunk of a car). The service has been working, but it’s very unreliable and difficult to work with.
Brett..may God bring healing peace and blessings upon your whole family!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brett S -
Wishing you and your family good tidings!

5129710_0.jpg

OP
OP
B

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So exactly two years ago today William wound up first going to the hospital with paralysis and our journey along this path had begun. I figured that this would be a good time to post a long overdue update to this thread.

William has continued to make slow and steady improvements over the past year. Unfortunately he has still not regained any feeling or movement in his feet or legs, but he continues to make small dexterity gains in his hands and arms. He is now able to feed himself for every meal. He is also able to use an iPad and a computer, and even a phone to some extent, although the smaller screen on the phone makes it a little harder. While we certainly hope that he will continue to make improvements and we hope that he will be able to regain movement in his legs, he is still in a better place than he was a year ago, and much better than he was after this first happened. The movement that he has in his hands and arms now adds considerably to his independence and his quality of life.

As I mentioned above, late last year we had decided that we needed to purchase a wheelchair van to help provide some freedom for William and be able to take him where he needed to go. The company I work for started a fundraiser for us, which raised more than $7000 and then on top of that the company donated an additional $14,000, which allowed us to purchase a wonderful 2015 Toyota Sienna with an automatic wheelchair ramp.

William loved getting all the postcards send by you guys and others and at last count had received over 500 postcards from around the country and around the world. They came at an excellent time, helping to raise william’s spirits and keep him entertained when he was going through some very difficult time.

Thank you all for the effort you made to send those postcards:).

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back