Looking for some help with my new Maxima...

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmastr85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gmastr85

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
347
Reaction score
61
Location
PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a couple questions about my maxima clam. My tank is stable and has been up for 3 years. I decided to get my first clam. It's a 4" aquacultured Maxima clam. It's been in my tank for a month and a half now, and it seems to be very healthy and is doing well.

When I got it, its foot was attached to 3 small pieces of rock rubble. It released the rock rubble the other day along with what looked like some white flesh. I assume this is normal, but I'm not sure. So now I just see a bare white bottom (foot). I guess this is the clam just looking to attach itself to a new surface... Can anyone confirm and give me some info on this?

Also, I can't keep it from staying upright. He is open and beautiful and seems happy, but seems to tilt sideways all the time, almost laying on its side. I currently have it in my sandbed, and I keep putting him upright. Should I just let it do it's thing or keep facing him up?

My tank is 24" high and I have 2 maxspect razors 6" above the waterline. I run the razors at 75% max during their daily cycle.

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
 
I tried making an impression in the sand but he keeps tipping over. Maybe I'll try to do a better job at it tomorrow. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Lights are off in my tank right now. Thanks for the info!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new