Looking for suggestions on books on Corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter BarbH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2012
Messages
2,298
Reaction score
21
Location
Michigan 48843
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering which books people would recommend for a person starting with keeping corals? At this time I will be setting my tank up as a fowlr, but hopefully in the next 4 months I will be upgrading my lighting to something that will support keeping corals. Until that time comes I want to be able to educate myself about this part of the hobby. I am looking for books that would be good for someone who is just starting with keeping corals. I know that there is a lot of information available on the web and on the forum, but I have always been one of those people that also like to have a book on hand. Thanks for your suggestions.
 
My favorite book is the Conscientous Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner.

My edition is old, but I'm told the new editions have been updated nicely.

It is more of a saltwater book vs. a coral book.
 
Thanks Mufasa, already have that one, was one of the first books I got when starting to research the hobby.
 
I just saw Marine Depot has a sale on Book of Coral Propogation by Calfo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new