Looking for Sump/Refugium Suggestions.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefcorals
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefcorals

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 4, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
22
Location
Canton
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly purchasing items for my "dream reef tank" (which will house mostly LPS and fish), after a long hiatus from this wonderful hobby. I have an acrylic (24x60x20), tank and a beautiful aluminum stand, so far. I would now like to purchase a sump that will act as a refugium. Instead of filter socks or a roller, I would like a box where I can put filter floss, to be changed out as needed. I would also like a chamber for Miracle Mud and separately, live rock rubble and possibly some live sand. Lastly a chamber for chaeto algae. (Live rock rubble and sand to be purchased from Tampa Bay Saltwater). No protein skimmer but, of course, room for a return pump and heater. Suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance!
-Dave
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new