Looking forward to learning more through R2R!

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2018
Messages
1,328
Reaction score
1,967
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Wendy.
This addictive hobby began 10 years ago with a 14 gallon biocube and 2 clownfish. Then a middle school teacher with a 90 gallon reef in his classroom had a life changing injury, so I volunteered to maintain it...that was 8 years ago. I am still volunteering at that school, now with their high school marine bio class and maintain their Red Sea Max S 500 (my original clown pair live at school now). The biocube is long gone and a 150 mixed reef graces our family room. In my quest to be a better at this, I started "volunteering" at a LFS too.
Current Tank:
150 mixed reef
AI hydra 52hds
Neptune Apex
DOS x 2, DDR, WXM, ALD, PM1
Mp 40s
2 trigger sumps connected (1 is fuge)
Pair Banggai
Pair Flame Hawk
Pair Bullet hole clowns
Pair Red Scooter Dragonets
Midas Blenny
Randal's shrimp goby
Favorite coral:
a giant neon yellow frogspawn, had 6 years (not a wall and not branching...the base is more lobed)
Current Problem:
Yes, I know. I should have quarantined for more then a week, twice! A powder blue infected my tank with ich and a white cheek with velvet (neither survived). Yep. All my long time fish (listed above) are doing fine, however, I want my tank and fish to be ich free. There are 5 more fish I need to catch and the TTM will begin (thank you for all the info on TTM R2R!). 72 long days of a fallow 150 is my punishment for being impatient...at least the pod population will increase.
 
Welcome to R2R!! As a whole, R2R contains centuries worth of knowledge at your finger tips :)
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tenor (3).gif
 
Welcome to R2R, Wendy! I’m thinking many of us are already going to learn quite a bit from you, so please share often.

And maybe if I hang out long enough at my two favorite local reef stores, they’ll promote me to volunteer, too! ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new