Looking to buy a few new things for a 65 gallon

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in the market for a sump, external overflow, plumbing parts needed and probably things to go inside of the sump such as the refugium things? I have a HoB AquaaMax Protein skimmer which I can tell now is kinda useless considering I will have a sump; however I am hoping I can attach it still. Or I possibly will need to purchase a new one? I have a canister filter that apparently is not doing much.. its eheim professional 3 I believe. So Stuff to add inside that would be cool too.

The Light fixture I have is an AquaticLife 4 bulb t5 setup which the bulbs are on their way out unfortunately (over a year old):/ I was looking at the ATI bulbs however not really sure what I would do for the combinations considering they all look pretty good! What is your light schedule like? Do you use the timer? I currently basically just turn it on and off based on the time I'm either awake/asleep or if the tank looks like it has an algae buildup I tend to keep the lights off for a few days. I however always leave the moonlights on. Never have I had them off other than once when it was by accident and I awoke to see my little midas blenny nearly white and terrified of the dark :/

Sumps I have been looking at are the different types of Trigger system sumps, unsure which I would pick up, or what size.. I have about '20"L x 37.9"W x 30"H ' for the spacing under my tank which I don't really know what that means.. or if that is the outside dimensions rather than the inside. I possibly would do the 'cube' shaped ones but I am still unsure what the pros/cons of the different types are? Anyone have any experience with these?

I am a little confused on how the water would travel as well... like how does it get pushed back into the display tank? I understand it takes water from the surface > Overflow pipe> through sump sections> to what I assume would be a pump going back up to the tank? how does that all work out? Is plumbing like this hard? Is it possible to even do with a tank filled with water?

Sorry for so many questions! Thanks again!

IMG_0037.jpg

Salt Creep01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some things left over from my 65 gallon that was only running a year. I will sell dirt cheap to get rid of them. Pm me if interested . Trigger systems ruby sump, reef octopus skimmer, led light strip, 2 AI Sols . I just don't have a beep for any of it . Like I said DIRT CHEAP

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back