Looking to download MyReef 2.0? Look no further!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You turn on or off the alerts with each individual alarm so you can use the alerts with other alarms you have programmed.

Brandon42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just hit the motherload on ReefKeeper parts was very very happy to see I could still find this program. Had lost a net module and figured I was doomed on a new one so hadn’t thought much about the software. Download worked perfectly, I did have to disable some windows security to get the download to work properly but everything is installed and working

50427F5E-DADC-43A9-B410-BD7CFEBE93CF.png

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question for the RK Gurus. I Have a PC1 that I decided to add to my system as I'm out of sockets. I can't really find much in the way of instructions for it. It has the the grounded plug which obviously goes into the wall, but instead of a set of rj12 sockets for the signal cable it has a two prong "electrical" plug that I guessed pluged into a PC4 or PB4 socket. Is that all correct? Then the next question is how to set it up in MyReef? I get no indication that a PC1 is attached, nothing shows up in MyReef regardless of how it have the channel that it's plug into configured. As always thank you for your help.

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question for the RK Gurus. I Have a PC1 that I decided to add to my system as I'm out of sockets. I can't really find much in the way of instructions for it. It has the the grounded plug which obviously goes into the wall, but instead of a set of rj12 sockets for the signal cable it has a two prong "electrical" plug that I guessed pugged into a PC4 or PB4 socket. Is that all correct? Then the next question is how to set it up in MyReef? I get no indication that a PC1 is attached, nothing shows up in MyReef regardless of how it have the channel that it's plug into configured. As always thank you for your help.

That type of PC1 functions as a relay from one of the channels of a PC4/PB4 programming. So what ever channel you run it on is the one you program a function to relay if you will to the PC1. It uses then.... that channels 110v signal thru the 2 prong power cord to run a relay inside the PC1 but using its separate power source. This type of PC1 has no upgrade hex or software internally. Just a relay to turn on both sockets. And yes, they are both hot when the relay is closed from the 110v signal via the PC4/PB4 channel.

There is not a setup function for the PC1 as it is not connected to the I2C bus... It's just a relay. The setup is the channel on the PC4/PB4 from witch the signal cord is plugged into. And in my opinion... this PC1 is better then the RJ-12 style as you have a broader range of options .

Last edited:

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That type of PC1 functions as a relay from one of the channels of a PC4/PB4 programming. So what ever channel you run it on is the one you program a function to relay if you will to the PC1. It uses then.... that channels 110v signal thru the 2 prong power cord to run a relay inside the PC1 but using its separate power source. This type of PC1 has no upgrade hex or software internally. Just a relay to turn on both sockets. And yes, they are both hot when the relay is closed from the 110v signal via the PC4/PB4 channel.

There is not a setup function for the PC1 as it is not connected to the I2C bus... It's just a relay. The setup is the channel on the PC4/PB4 from witch the signal cord is plugged into. And in my opinion... this PC1 is better then the RJ-12 style as you have a broader range of options .

I was actually hoping for the virtual channels, but I guess I have an older version. Doesn't really help me expend my channels. Thank you for the quick reply!

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a PC1. I think it was called a expansion socket. You will need a open PC4 outlet to control it. It is used to control a high current device with a PC4 output. Photos of PC1 below.
IMG_4554.JPG
IMG_4555.JPG

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is not a PC1. I think it was called a expansion socket. You will need a open PC4 outlet to control it. It is used to control a high current device with a PC4 output. Photos of PC1 below.
IMG_4554.JPG
IMG_4555.JPG

Yeah, I got the bad news on that. Not what I had hope. LOL Thanks.

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
n2585722 is correct I missed referenced the module as a style of the PC1. It is in fact an Expansion Socket. I actually converted a PC1 module to an Expansion Socket module by adding a relay and a signal wire to it. And in my opinion, works better that way. The PC1 was giving me all kinds of limitations I didn't like. If you would be interested in PICS of the mod...let me know. Thanks n2585722 for the correction. ;):)

hafer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some help fixing my RKE, I accidentally updated my RKM-SL1 with my RKE attached. The screen is now mirrored vertically. Only the up and down arrows work on the RKE.
16041391419745589457296704094225.jpg

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for some help fixing my RKE, I accidentally updated my RKM-SL1 with my RKE attached. The screen is now mirrored vertically. Only the up and down arrows work on the RKE.
16041391419745589457296704094225.jpg
It looks like you need to do an interrupted update. See the procedure on post 18 of this thread https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/alternatives-to-digital-aquatics-probes-and-parts.439573/ . Also on some computer you may have to add a powered PC4 to the chain to update the RKE head unit if the secondary memory fails to update. The upside down display is one of the symptoms of this. Once updated you will also need to do a reset all on the head unit to clear all programming since part of that memory was overwritten. Make sure you have a copy of the current RKE firmware on the computer in folder 30-0011.

hafer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you need to do an interrupted update. See the procedure on post 18 of this thread https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/alternatives-to-digital-aquatics-probes-and-parts.439573/ . Also on some computer you may have to add a powered PC4 to the chain to update the RKE head unit if the secondary memory fails to update. The upside down display is one of the symptoms of this. Once updated you will also need to do a reset all on the head unit to clear all programming since part of that memory was overwritten. Make sure you have a copy of the current RKE firmware on the computer in folder 30-0011.
These files should get you up an running again. Follow [B]n2585722[/B] instructions and you should be good to go.

Done and done Thank ya'll. Back up and running!!

philshel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching a BRS video today about controllers past, present, and future. They were speaking positively about RK with Ryan stating that he contacted some people to try and continue the RK when it went out of business. They ended the the segment with Ryan stating that if anyone wants to revive it they should contact him for assistance. Just FYI for you RK Gurus, now's your chance to revive it! LOL

ReefStrong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching a BRS video today about controllers past, present, and future. They were speaking positively about RK with Ryan stating that he contacted some people to try and continue the RK when it went out of business. They ended the the segment with Ryan stating that if anyone wants to revive it they should contact him for assistance. Just FYI for you RK Gurus, now's your chance to revive it! LOL

Ya thanks for the heads up... Danny... want to jump back in.... YES?

Ls7corvete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used the ALC with a Kessil. I think one channel is for intensity and one is color temperature. I don't know the pinout for the connections to the Kessil.
Just got my Kessil and RKL setup, I can change intensity and timers fine, but I am stuck with a single color temperature. Anyone have any tips? Do I just swap the connectors?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember the other channel is the temp. have you tired setting the percentage output for that channel. Just set the ramp to 0 for that channel. I assume you have the ALC module.

Ls7corvete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not used the ALC with a Kessil. I think one channel is for intensity and one is color temperature. I don't know the pinout for the connections to the Kessil.
If I remember the other channel is the temp. have you tired setting the percentage output for that channel. Just set the ramp to 0 for that channel. I assume you have the ALC module.
Thanks, I got it. Had to swap the wires and set the blue channel's white channel intensity to adjust the color. Frustrating.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back