Looks very interesting and cheaper powerhead

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seach ebay 12v 5a dimmer and it is the other type power supply i got coming its less than $5

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it switching on and off to create the flow pulses like a powerhead on a controller, or is it accelerating and decelerating like an mp40?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it switching on and off to create the flow pulses like a powerhead on a controller, or is it accelerating and decelerating like an mp40?

Off and on using the w1 wave mode and i think w2 and w3 it pulses but im not sure on the w2 or w3 other than it doesnt stop and go like w1

redngold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the wp25 is going to be marketed towards the nano market. 3000 l/h is what it is looking like which equates to 800 gph. Here is the spec sheet from RC:

Jebao Wave Maker specs.jpg

gmoney243

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is the powercord? Cause thats one of my favorite things about tunze nice long cords on my 6105. Most cheap powerheads have short cords and it sux.

SLUF681

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long is the powercord? Cause thats one of my favorite things about tunze nice long cords on my 6105. Most cheap powerheads have short cords and it sux.

I sure wish my Koralias had about 2 more feet of cord. I've never measured the cord on my Koralias, but I imagine they're a standard 6'.

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power cord that came with the wp40 is 9ft( 4ft from plug to power block, 5ft from power block to controller plug)

Jrfalconer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg, are you still impressed with the WP40? I'm curious if you have tried the pump at the full 13000 LPH?

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today i tried different modes and voltage. Right now i say 24volts on w1 mode puts out the best wave with the control knob at 55%. I have a very mininum rockscape and im happy with the flow but at the moment i feel like to get all the corals to wave back and forth i would need one on each end of the tank. With just one wp40, the corals closest to the pump sway perfect. the other side of the tank, the corals just blow around instead of swaying.
I am still tweaking it but for a total of less than $125(pump,shipping,variable power supply) im very pleased with this pump. I havent turn off the return pump yet to see how big of a wave i can get, but with the return pump on i do get a nice 1-2" wave.

W2,w3 modes are the pump ramping up/down- i had to put my ear to the glass to hear it to tell what it was doing. In w2 mode, it sounds like someone on a piano hitting every key from side to the other side. It starts at a low speed and comtinues to increase speeds then starts to ramp down.

W3 mode is similar

Else mode is just a random ramping up/down

I purchased another dimmer power supply off of ebay, the first one says shipping estimate 3/25-4/25 so for $5 i just found another one that estimates 3/29-4/05. This allows you to use orginal powersupply and hooks up inline with the orginal powersupply and controls the voltage/speed with a dial.

Jrfalconer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I purchased one wp40 today. Can't wait to get it setup and see it in action. Greg, are you still running at 24 volts?

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i like the flow 24volts has, i will drop the volts down when i get a 2nd pump

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMRlVJA81yw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
24volts, w1 mode, knob turn to the (11:30) position

I want to do some editing on this video(add a certain song and info) but its being difficult. So til i figure it out here is the orginal video. If anyone good at youtube editing then pm me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video. Do it again with the lights on so I/we can see the flow In The tank... Btw , good looking rock scape from what I can see .

OP
OP
uf_gators

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg , I am getting ants in my shorts waiting on the WP 25 to be released..... I can't stand it. I said shorts , cause I don't like pants. Lol

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video. Do it again with the lights on so I/we can see the flow In The tank... Btw , good looking rock scape from what I can see .

The link worked? When i click on it, it says error.

Sorry for the lights, thats as dim as they get, otherwise if they are on at normal brightness the camera doesnt show very good.

Ill take another video tomorrow with lights on

Back